1. sebekk's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

''I would do anything to be with you.''

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

3. moniquekidman's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

There are many beautiful black and white images but they cannot save this film from falling into nothingness. It is cold and detached, mimicking the demeanor of Kika Magalhaes' character, but what's on display isn't anything compelling or worthwhile, really.

4. Laura Lavorato's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

It is beautifully acted and executed but I am afraid that it is a bit too much for me to stomach. The second part especially becomes unnecessarily crude.

5. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

6. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Empty, static eye-candy. Reminded me of Bataille. I don't like Bataille.

7. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Overall this seems very pretentious. The photography is amazing but everything else is lacking. Performances are off, storyline is bleak and I'm not scared or impressed, just queasy.

8. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

A pox on my eyes but I'm a sucker for a pretty screen. These vapid vistas give such good creep and hush that I'm coughing up three stars despite Pesce's failure either to confer any real heft upon or to attain much serious lift with his mythopoeic conceit. A crystalline murk, but a murk nonetheless. A promising letdown, say.

9. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Urgh, it started beautifully morbid with the little girl and her farm-surgeon mother, but then it died all over the place of boredom. And how can Francisca be a better portuguese speaker than her portuguese mother?

10. sabrina's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

I can understand why this film doesn't get very good reviews, as not much happens/nothing is resolved, however I found the slow pace refreshing. What usually ruins horrors for me is the lack of subtlety, and I found this film to reveal the perfect amount of gore/shocking imagery. Nor was the gore un-necessary - it was all contextual and reasonable.

11. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Peccato. Ci sono un paio di bei momenti però.

12. The Macho King's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

After the first 20 mins(which was intriguing and i felt for the most part was well done)its all down hill and then the movie just meanders about and drifts almost aimlessly for the nxt 60mins or so...I'm all for ambiguity but its hard to peer into something when you get the feeling there is nothing but shallow water reflecting back at you,because then you'll just feel like a fool for even wasting time to begin with.

13. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

A slow-burning exercise in horror, reminiscent of Franju's "Eyes Without a Face." The cinematography is beautiful; but the attempt at creating emotional depth in this lonely psychopathic protagonist was a bit of a failure.

14. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

2 - A poor imitation of an extremely overrated movement (new french extremity), lacking most of its energy and gore but doubling down on the pretense.

15. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

I adored it, flaws and all. Rubbish ending.

16. dave gunn's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Beautifully shot with a heavily cold and bleak atmosphere, this film successfully made me feel uneasy but still left me waiting for more that never came.

17. Tigrão's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

well, I can never unsee that.

18. glhrmefc's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Director Nicolas Pesce makes his 'horror' debut with this macabre horror/suspense/drama. The black-and-white footage just adds to the suspense of the film throughout.

19. Frank ViSo's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

20. FCC 86's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

"Loneliness can to strange things to the mind"

21. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

22. André's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Great to see my native language spoken through most of it - but tries too hard to be something poetic and it's mostly boring.

23. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Shocking, weird, beautifully captured and the casts performed well, but I don't know why, it feels somewhat hollow

24. Levi Miah's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

There's a grim opening with a brilliantly sinister killer and from the flash of violence we get in this introduction the intensity never really lets up. It's not really about plot, more about creating a relentlessly dreadful atmosphere and following the rabbit hole into further insanity. This is up there with atmospheric masterpieces like The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and The Shining.