1. Shelley's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Mesmerizing, absolutely dark cinematography for a well told tale

2. João R's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Mesmerizing, thick, gloomy and oppressive. For the amount of potential, I could easily increase the rating. However, while being terrifyingly competent, once it is over, it has nothing compelling to state, leaving an obsolete depthless taste. Also, what a magnificent and eerie use of Fado, suggesting it as a musical mechanism to express loss and lapse.

3. sissy69's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

4. Onbestendig's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

5. Fabiha's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

"Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. And whether or not it is clear to you, the universe is unfolding as it should."

6. Bob's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Art horror that is immensely sadistic at its core, but instead of being explicit, it uses sadism in a form of emotional torture to the levels that are unknown even to a genre enthusiasts. So, even if the majority of the actual bloody scenes are done off-screen, the sole idea that something like that is actually possible - and torment of its victims - is something to behold. And it's flavored with striking B&W imagery

7. sebekk's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

''I would do anything to be with you.''

8. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

9. moniquekidman's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

There are many beautiful black and white images but they cannot save this film from falling into nothingness. It is cold and detached, mimicking the demeanor of Kika Magalhaes' character, but what's on display isn't anything compelling or worthwhile, really.

10. Laura Lavorato's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

It is beautifully acted and executed but I am afraid that it is a bit too much for me to stomach. The second part especially becomes unnecessarily crude.

11. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

12. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Empty, static eye-candy. Reminded me of Bataille. I don't like Bataille.

13. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Overall this seems very pretentious. The photography is amazing but everything else is lacking. Performances are off, storyline is bleak and I'm not scared or impressed, just queasy.

14. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

A pox on my eyes but I'm a sucker for a pretty screen. These vapid vistas give such good creep and hush that I'm coughing up three stars despite Pesce's failure either to confer any real heft upon or to attain much serious lift with his mythopoeic conceit. A crystalline murk, but a murk nonetheless. A promising letdown, say.

15. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Urgh, it started beautifully morbid with the little girl and her farm-surgeon mother, but then it died all over the place of boredom. And how can Francisca be a better portuguese speaker than her portuguese mother?

16. sabrina's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

I can understand why this film doesn't get very good reviews, as not much happens/nothing is resolved, however I found the slow pace refreshing. What usually ruins horrors for me is the lack of subtlety, and I found this film to reveal the perfect amount of gore/shocking imagery. Nor was the gore un-necessary - it was all contextual and reasonable.

17. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Peccato. Ci sono un paio di bei momenti però.

18. The Macho King's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

After the first 20 mins(which was intriguing and i felt for the most part was well done)its all down hill and then the movie just meanders about and drifts almost aimlessly for the nxt 60mins or so...I'm all for ambiguity but its hard to peer into something when you get the feeling there is nothing but shallow water reflecting back at you,because then you'll just feel like a fool for even wasting time to begin with.

19. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

A slow-burning exercise in horror, reminiscent of Franju's "Eyes Without a Face." The cinematography is beautiful; but the attempt at creating emotional depth in this lonely psychopathic protagonist was a bit of a failure.

20. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

2 - A poor imitation of an extremely overrated movement (new french extremity), lacking most of its energy and gore but doubling down on the pretense.

21. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

I adored it, flaws and all. Rubbish ending.

22. dave gunn's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Beautifully shot with a heavily cold and bleak atmosphere, this film successfully made me feel uneasy but still left me waiting for more that never came.

23. Tigrão's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

well, I can never unsee that.

24. glhrmefc's rating of the film The Eyes of My Mother

Director Nicolas Pesce makes his 'horror' debut with this macabre horror/suspense/drama. The black-and-white footage just adds to the suspense of the film throughout.