1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-36a

2. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

3. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

A young boy is the main character of a film with an Adult Certificate given by the British censors! The impressionable boy keeps the viewer wondering how the story will end. Who is the screenplay writer? The novelist Graham Greene. and Greene never lets you down. Director Sir Carol Reed went on to win honours for another boy centered film two decades later---"Oliver!"

4. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

It's no wonder that kids get messed up. All the mixed messages. It's so hard to interpret. The kid is not any more annoying that your normal precocious kid. You have to give it to Carol Reed for the marvelous job he did with Bobby Henrey, because he was a horrible actor in real life. It was some very careful editing and huge amounts of patience that got him to look so good. Big props to Ralph, of course.

6. Vincent T's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

7. Aardsy's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

That little boy is my spirit animal.

8. HSBilly's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

One of Reed's top 3. A profound little story.

10. A47's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

"Must they be white?" The purity of youth. A film romantically devoted to a single point of view. A master of mechanics, design, and cinematic space. Although not the best editor, Carol Reed's consciousness is one close to my heart and his films continue to warm my soul. A deeply personal movie for me... "I'm only going because it's not possible to stay."

11. Gerry Miriello's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

12. Angela Edwards's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

Superb overall, though I was a little let down by the conclusion. Bobby Henrey is one of the most naturalistic child actors I've seen in a film, which, yes, means he's somewhat annoying.

13. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

The most annoying kid ever. I'd wanna kill him at final sequence.

14. Emery Snyder's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

This is a pretty great film. But when it comes to a Graham Green story directed by Carol Reed...... Well.... You know....

15. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

A fine, compelling film. Escalating gradually, a remarkable tension grows, broken by flashes of humor. This film is worth seeking out for the story craft, the film craft, the performances, and simply to enjoy a well-told story.

16. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

The suspense in this film is as powerful as the innocence of the child in it. Best intentions and the filter established by adults for children is examined incredibly well. The writing is top notch.

17. Danny Bailey's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

the ending totally killed the film, because it left so many loose ends.. plus that kid was just so annoying

18. Nikolas's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

A film that kept me on the edge of my seat up until the very end. Bobby Henrey is indeed, incredibly annoying in his role, but he did some fine acting for a boy only the age of 9.

19. RAWDEALBUFFY's rating of the film The Fallen Idol

Great movie. Bobby Henrey is the most annoying child ever filmed. A classic tale of innocence lost.