1. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Family Jewels

Lewis's cinema is an intensely violent one, seething w/ disruption. Non sequiturs, plot deconstructions, & metacinematic digressions interfere w/ our reaction to the established tenderness between Donna & Willard, a premise of sentimentalism to be found in most of his work. Lewis undermines his climax in favor of structural & literal games. The central metaphor: Uncle Julius aggressively adjusting his lens--our lens.

2. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Family Jewels

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Family Jewels

Un ├ępoustouflant festival Jerry Lewis ! www.cinefiches.com

4. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film The Family Jewels

A broken, haggard down machine, perpetually in a state of starting and stopping as it increasingly falls further apart. The plot line is laid out clearly and simply: Donna Peyton goes to visit each of her six uncles to decide on her new guardian. However in each of these scenarios, we encounter narrative disruption, where the plot goes to great lengths to derail itself so that the audience is placed (cont.)

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Family Jewels

***1/2. A movie that deserves to be seen several times. It shows Jerry Lewis's desire to abandon his clown costume in order to be himself at last. I love Eddie Peyton, the perfect British pilot. Recommended.

6. Cinemaficionado's rating of the film The Family Jewels