1. Simon's rating of the film The Father of My Children

2. VincentVendetta's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Cinema is about feeling the presence of missing, invisible people, the director first and foremost but also the producers, the crew and every influence that existed before; it's about meeting brothers and sisters from another mother (or father) that lived the same moments we lived.

3. msmichel's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Excellent sophomore feature from director Hansen-Love that chronicles the effect of financial failure on a film producer and his family. The film captures the dual nature of depression; that mask one wears and the crippling doubt and self hatred underneath. But its the film's second half that concentrates on his surviving wife and daughters that one really feels empathy with. Marvelous achievement.

4. Jonathan Pr's rating of the film The Father of My Children

5. Roman2's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Exceptional. One of my favourite films from France. We need more films from France like this here and more films from France here. Period.

6. zi's rating of the film The Father of My Children

One of those few subtle films that really works.

7. Mariano-ML's rating of the film The Father of My Children

While the events that happen in the plot are tragic, and we see their effects on the characters, the film's tone is not melodramatic. Instead, the tone is understated - we see intimate moments in the protagonists' lives that give us greater insight into how others live within us, and that often the greater things we aspire to are often not quite as meaningful to those dear to us. [90/100]

8. Rod's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Yawn. Kept waiting for it to start... 30 minutes in and it’s like watching an episode of Friends, you keep waiting for something to happen or something to make you laugh or anything, but it never does. It’s like watching a film about your boring next door neighbor. My life is more interesting then these people. If someone can tell me it definitely gets better, I’ll give it another go, but life is too short for this

9. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Father of My Children

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Father of My Children

3.5 Loved this until the halfway mark, at which point the script seemed to flounder. Yes, the family was actually floundering, but there was a distinct absence of shape to the remainder of the plot. I felt the family's loss, but wanted more. Yes, the daughters grow closer. Yes, they move away. Perhaps I wanted the mother to step up and take a strong leadership role in the company. Though that may be wishful thinking.

11. Shahriar Khan's rating of the film The Father of My Children

As honest a movie as you’ll ever see. The busyness of life shown to be an emptiness; what survives is love, even more than art. Exceptionally pure performances, the director holding an unfiltered lens to life. Repays watching.

12. jahsiah zoerheide's rating of the film The Father of My Children

This is not an easy movie. It tackles big stuff- the biggest, really... But it breathes, nonetheless, and encourages us to do so too even in the wake of the grief it inspires us to recall in our lives. While the movie is far from perfect, those potential missteps are, in the end, part of what makes The Father of My Children so beautiful. A subtle work on an exceedingly difficult subject. I would definitely suggest

13. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Amazing and lovely. Enjoyed the quick micro-edits that jumped the story along just so. Everything felt so real: the family, the debt, the suicide, and everything after. Just a joy to watch.

14. David Perez's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Jesus Christ man. Imagine Woody Allen without the intellect, vapid, and entirely self-indulgent. That's this movie. Christ.

15. Haley's rating of the film The Father of My Children

The "Father of My Children" was a sweet, touching movie and overall beautiful movie. It made me cry and got me into my feels. Anytime a father passes away in a movie you can guarantee that I will be balling my eyes out. I think people can relate to the real life situations that happen in the movie. It probably touches a lot of people personally and I think thats why a lot of people like certain movies, like this one.

16. jasmine2121's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Cripplingly beautiful film. It touches upon difficult situations that many people experience at some point in their life (maybe not that great of a debt). However, the film adds a twist that is meant to justify the dad's death. Although there is truly no justification for leaving his family behind, the films still makes you want to sympathize with the father. Overall, this film truly makes you feel something. 5 stars

17. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Father of My Children

"Death does not nullify life!!"

18. Sara-D's rating of the film The Father of My Children

3.5 in memory of Humbert Balsan

19. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film The Father of My Children

After mourning, life continues still.

20. pacific231's rating of the film The Father of My Children

21. janh24's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Imperfectly realised family drama.

22. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Father of My Children

23. kidbrother's rating of the film The Father of My Children

During watching I was not very interested, but afterwards when I thought about the film and let it pass before my eyes again I realised (wether you like it or not) there´s one interesting thing about this: It shows a sensitive storytelling, that is in a way very respectful to its characters and their emotions. In a way it shows the right things and (even more important) leaves out the right things to make it unique.

24. Michael Diers's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Eine aus dem Leben gegriffene, recht realistische Geschichte über eine Familie, die langsam aber sicher auf eine Katastrophe zusteuert. Bezeichnend ist das Lied "Que Sera" am Ende des Films: Wie wird es nach der einschneidenden Veränderung weitergehen? Wer weiß das aber schon von uns?