1. Rod's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Yawn. Kept waiting for it to start... 30 minutes in and it’s like watching an episode of Friends, you keep waiting for something to happen or something to make you laugh or anything, but it never does. It’s like watching a film about your boring next door neighbor. My life is more interesting then these people. If someone can tell me it definitely gets better, I’ll give it another go, but life is too short for this

2. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Father of My Children

3. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Father of My Children

4. Shahriar Khan's rating of the film The Father of My Children

As honest a movie as you’ll ever see. The busyness of life shown to be an emptiness; what survives is love, even more than art. Exceptionally pure performances, the director holding an unfiltered lens to life. Repays watching.

5. jahsiah zoerheide's rating of the film The Father of My Children

This is not an easy movie. It tackles big stuff- the biggest, really... But it breathes, nonetheless, and encourages us to do so too even in the wake of the grief it inspires us to recall in our lives. While the movie is far from perfect, those potential missteps are, in the end, part of what makes The Father of My Children so beautiful. A subtle work on an exceedingly difficult subject. I would definitely suggest

6. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Amazing and lovely. Enjoyed the quick micro-edits that jumped the story along just so. Everything felt so real: the family, the debt, the suicide, and everything after. Just a joy to watch.

7. David Perez's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Jesus Christ man. Imagine Woody Allen without the intellect, vapid, and entirely self-indulgent. That's this movie. Christ.

8. Haley's rating of the film The Father of My Children

The "Father of My Children" was a sweet, touching movie and overall beautiful movie. It made me cry and got me into my feels. Anytime a father passes away in a movie you can guarantee that I will be balling my eyes out. I think people can relate to the real life situations that happen in the movie. It probably touches a lot of people personally and I think thats why a lot of people like certain movies, like this one.

9. jasmine2121's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Cripplingly beautiful film. It touches upon difficult situations that many people experience at some point in their life (maybe not that great of a debt). However, the film adds a twist that is meant to justify the dad's death. Although there is truly no justification for leaving his family behind, the films still makes you want to sympathize with the father. Overall, this film truly makes you feel something. 5 stars

10. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Father of My Children

"Death does not nullify life!!"

11. Sara-D's rating of the film The Father of My Children

3.5 in memory of Humbert Balsan

12. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film The Father of My Children

After mourning, life continues still.

13. pacific231's rating of the film The Father of My Children

14. janh24's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Imperfectly realised family drama.

15. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Father of My Children

16. kidbrother's rating of the film The Father of My Children

During watching I was not very interested, but afterwards when I thought about the film and let it pass before my eyes again I realised (wether you like it or not) there´s one interesting thing about this: It shows a sensitive storytelling, that is in a way very respectful to its characters and their emotions. In a way it shows the right things and (even more important) leaves out the right things to make it unique.

17. Michael Diers's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Eine aus dem Leben gegriffene, recht realistische Geschichte über eine Familie, die langsam aber sicher auf eine Katastrophe zusteuert. Bezeichnend ist das Lied "Que Sera" am Ende des Films: Wie wird es nach der einschneidenden Veränderung weitergehen? Wer weiß das aber schon von uns?

18. FISCHER's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Des acteurs parfaits, une excellente et constante dramaturgie insidieuse derrière les atours du bonheur familiale et de la synergie professionnelle, une instructive plongée quasi-documentaire dans le microcosme cinématographique qui auraient pu nous mener, en douceur et en certitude, vers la perfection. www.cinefiches.com

19. Maximum's rating of the film The Father of My Children

took me a couple of days - to finally realize how much i liked this one and because why

20. Jakob von Gunten's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Ein Familienvater arbeietet zuviel. Telefoniert ständig. Dann Huckepack mit Kindern und Erklärbär für Tempelritter. Keine Erzählstrukur, Film der dahin erzählt wird, dann jedoch fast novellesk ein unerhörtes Ereignis. Man erschrickt, es scheint nun loszugehen. Doch dann: die Witwe übernimmt, der Film vergeht. Zeitverschwendung.

21. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Father of My Children

up to five stars after my 2nd viewing

22. Victor LVD's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Autant d'amour et de bon sens dans les sentiments, comme une leçon à retenir pour enfin "vivre heureux sur cette terre", et pourtant la douche froide... Puis du bon sens encore. Etonnant.

23. Abraham's rating of the film The Father of My Children

Décevant. Les personnages ne sont pas très cohérents. On a du mal à s'intéresser à eux.

24. Superfrog's rating of the film The Father of My Children