1. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Complex cinematography from Vittorio Storaro and a moody score from the maestro Morricone but the plot does not add up to much and the ending is a letdown.

2. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Voyeur on voyeur on voyeur. Supreme cinematography by Vittorio Storaro (The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Apocalypse Now). While praised by many here, I found this to be a bit of a snooze cruise, but wow, the imagery is par excellence. 3.5

3. film_lies101's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Perhaps the most gorgeous looking Giallo there is

4. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

5. Severus Snape's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

6. Nancarrow's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Wonderfully stimulating. A watermark of the genre.

7. Pymo's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Blue is the killer colour.

8. Joshua's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

I've been trying to find out which film had the child stalking scene, and this was it! My hunt is over. The flawed lead and his acquaintances are just off enough to be thoroughly watchable. At times very breathtaking. Seeing that red hotel (?) lobby for the first time made my mouth drop at how stunning it was, and I even first watched it on a tad pix-elated DVDrip, so kudos there. Bazzoni knows his pretty buildings!

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Superior giallo. Highly recommended.

10. Matt Burgess's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Even though the plotting tends to get tedious and unsatisfying in places, this is one of the most exquisitely shot giallos ever - the attention to architecture and space alone is fucking awe-inspiring. And we actually get an interesting and fleshed out male protagonist (a rarity in the genre usually populated by empty and undeveloped anti-heroes) with Franco Nero's flawed, alcoholic journalist turned investigator

11. Simon James Constable's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

I reckon Argento got the idea for his nursery rhyme song preceding a murder in Deep Red from a bit near the end of this film.

12. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Fifth Cord

Franco Nero ("Django") in a giallo is reason enough to watch this film, but you add cinematography by future Oscar winner Vittorio Storaro (Apocalypse Now, Last Tango in Paris, Dick Tracy) and a score by Ennio Morricone and suddenly you need to see this, right?