1. mpiaalva's rating of the film The Final Year

3.7 Nunca fallas cuando lo intentas

2. msmichel's rating of the film The Final Year

The futility in short term policies not protected by a change in the power structure is well captured in this documentary concerning the final year of the Obama administration, but so is the hope in long term change when the seeds of that change have been planted. Barker's documentary had incredible access to those final months but his partisan approach does hurt the final result.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Final Year

The first Black POTUS had so much going for him: charisma, conviction, rhetoric on equality and diversity and an intellectual competence. So why can’t I shake the fact that in 2016 alone, 26,171 bombs were fired under his leadership with more than 600 drone strikes? I cannot shake the cognitive dissonance of the establishment doctrine which pays lip service to profound movements but acts with a murky moral compass.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Final Year

I wish Susan Rice was in it a bit more, but it was enjoyable.

5. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film The Final Year

The documentary follows Barak Obama and his top team during the last year of his presidency and mainly deals with his international work. I found it a bit too superficial as I would have loved to see more about internal affairs and maybe more complex topics. It felt like Greg Baker had only limited access to shoot this one.

6. Max.Madrid's rating of the film The Final Year