1. caprica_six's rating of the film The Fits

(i still feel like i didn't GET IT. 2&1/2)

2. norah stone's rating of the film The Fits

i don't think i'm artsy enough for this film

3. film_lies101's rating of the film The Fits

Never has the horror of leaving behind your childhood been told so succinctly and artfully

4. Trailblazer, LLC.'s rating of the film The Fits

Mesmerizing, original, & brilliant. Bold debut from a director to watch.

5. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Fits

The journey of a Million Dollar Baby into becoming a Destiny's Child. Beautiful cinematography, colors and acting - the only thing missing is an independent black women empowering soundtrack.

6. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film The Fits

Ok ladies now let's get this peer pressure. Prove to me you got some coordination, 'cause I slay. Slay trick, or you get eliminated. (I mean...literally!)

7. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Fits

8. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Fits

Anna Rose Holmer makes an impressive directorial debut with "The Fits"! I can't wait to see what she does next, she is a director we definitely need to keep a close eye on. This film is a technical marvel! Everything from it's editing and sound design to it's camerawork and cinematography is just incredible. By far the best part of this movie is Danny Bensi's eerie score. The music is practically another character!

9. dave gunn's rating of the film The Fits

A slow, underwhelming film about mass hysteria hitting a school amidst the usual yearning to find one's self and gain acceptance among one's peers. An ambitious debut, but left me wanting more.

10. Igor Ramos's rating of the film The Fits

That little actress, Royalty Hightower, pulled off a Quvenzhané Wallis like I wasn't expecting! This coming-of-age story with mysterious undertone is a film so short, cute, intriguing and visually beautiful in terms of framing and colours that you just can't resist it. Beware Beyoncé, cuz Toni has discovered her inner fierceness and she's coming for your throne!

11. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film The Fits

12. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Fits

13. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film The Fits

I like how this film is really nothing of what you have expected at the beginning of it. It goes into this fantasy/terror zone that somehow still manages to be realisitc within the confinements of the film's universe. I don't really know if there is supposed to be a message in here, but if it does, I think I got it.

14. PiarviRecherreen's rating of the film The Fits

Quand le langage corporel sait se montrer bavard - ou quand les spasmes deviennent motif de chorégraphie.

15. Justwibi's rating of the film The Fits

such a weird coming of age movie in the great way with a fantastic new performer Royalty Hightower

16. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Fits

Felt like there was not enough there. Three stars for Toni and Breezy though. And I'm all for shooting in places like Cincinnati rather than LA or NYC.

17. Rocco's rating of the film The Fits

The whole thing is an extended metaphor so obvious it's almost embarrassing, but the film is packed with an elusive, intoxicating energy and plenty of arresting camera work. The length is perfect and Royalty Hightower is exceptional. Elating, if unchallenging cinema.

18. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Fits

A fine indie gem about a pubescent tomboy nervously/awkwardly/eagerly taking steps towards womanhood. But you haven't quite seen it all before, since just when you think you're in for lo-fi realism, the coming of womanhood is filtered through a strange, almost science fiction lens. The film has barely enough narrative material to fill 72 minutes, but its focus and imaginative rhythms are well worth your time.

19. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film The Fits

20. James Mackin's rating of the film The Fits

An incredibly interesting idea intersecting on bildungsroman, horror, and dancing. And what more do you need from life really?

21. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Fits

Some films fall at least generally into a genre; others carve out a place of their own. But what's surprising is when a film that could've slotted so easily into genre parameters is instead so guilelessly* distinct. Sure, if not for the captivating - almost audacious - sound design & camerawork, I might not have hung in long enough (because: dance movie) to be delighted by its enigmatic originality... Glad I did. 3.5

22. João Portalegre's rating of the film The Fits

it's great. it's amazingly-made. but, ultimately, it's much more about emotions than intellectuality, which would be completely fine were those emotions not be drowning in intellectuality.

23. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film The Fits

Smart cinematography and color palette. Holmer relies less on dialogue and instead conveys her narrative through visuals and repetition in editing. Ending sort of a letdown though but perhaps necessary to drive home the ambivalence & ambiguity surrounding puberty.

24. Leroy Martin's rating of the film The Fits

powerful ending but I wasn't as enthralled by the rest of it