1. mpho3's rating of the film The Flat

As it unfolds a historical complexity is revealed like reverse origami. I do feel it was incredibly wrong for Goldfinger to force new knowledge upon von Mildenstein's aged daughter, and though I get his truthseeking, it was also unfair of him to be so dismayed by his mother not sharing in his reactions. They themselves said their generation didn't have the luxury we do of temporal distance from the war's trauma. 3.5

2. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The Flat

this was some crazy ass shit. seriously. WOAH. WOAH. WOAH.

3. RoasterCoaster's rating of the film The Flat

A wonderful documentary with multilayered concerns; denial, grief, shame, truth. I found it engaging. I think Goldfinger didn't set out to do what he did with this. But when he makes a rather interesting discovery about his grandmother and grandfather, it takes a turn.

4. cabrapreta's rating of the film The Flat

5. Movie Blabber's rating of the film The Flat

The most striking thing is how disarming it is. Starts out as a pretty cutesy nostalgia trip, and then it starts to give way, slowly, along with how one views the family. I also find it interesting how it exposes some gray areas, yet doesn't exactly solve them, despite Arnon's heartfelt efforts to do so.

6. AugusteB's rating of the film The Flat

My favorite documentary this year. Such a great way of a son trying to make his mother think about her family. Made me think a lot about mine aswell.