1. sahandmohajer's rating of the film The Florida Project

the ending (I mean the very last two minutes with its awful score) almost ruined this whole beautiful film for me. No matter the story/reasoning behind the creative decision for that ending, I'm not buying it.

2. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The Florida Project

Sad and funny, yet ultimately worthwhile and cute little story about dysfunctional and forgotten parts of the American life, with the familiar Sean Baker style.

3. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Florida Project

Minus 1 star is for the freaking ending. Also hello I love me a good Willem Dafoe.

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Florida Project

5. William's rating of the film The Florida Project

A stressful experience; something of a proto proto Los Olvidados done by Harmony Korine at his most benevolent. Powerful in its examination of poverty's relationship to chaos and order. Not sure that that ending really works, either as wish fulfillment or ironic statement, but the intensity of the film's tragedy provokes a corrective response of action in the viewer.

6. nandafr's rating of the film The Florida Project

bow down to my sass prince(ss) Brooklynn Prince

7. andrew's rating of the film The Florida Project

Slow burner that builds and builds. Terrific, slightly fantastical ending

8. carlajrzg's rating of the film The Florida Project

9. Absentia's rating of the film The Florida Project

10. Theories Of Anxiety's rating of the film The Florida Project

11. João Martins's rating of the film The Florida Project

Just like Tangerine, this one felt such a refreshing piece to see from Sean Baker. It has that range of fun colours that makes you want to watch it for hours without complains. The white trash is definitely here and it is showed in the appropriate time that America is living. It proves that love, carelessness, compassion and the effort to have a peace of mind are truly great values.

12. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Florida Project

13. Eric Porcelluzzi's rating of the film The Florida Project

14. eleventries's rating of the film The Florida Project

15. Daniela Cabrita's rating of the film The Florida Project

16. Juliana Senra's rating of the film The Florida Project

Why was this about William Defoe?

17. meepy's rating of the film The Florida Project

From the point of view of a child, we find out about the mother’s struggles at the same pace as her- since we only see the children most of the time. From the colour grading, the choice of costume colours to the colours of the buildings- everything points to a childlike world. Subtly saying that this mother is like a child, who doesn’t want to grow up- to support her child, but nonetheless loves her child to the end.

18. Tudor Buhatel's rating of the film The Florida Project

19. Luís Silva's rating of the film The Florida Project

Although I was initially skeptic about the plot development it ended up making sense. It is a wonderful movie about reality that sometimes is so close to us and so omitted. All the claps to Prince, she deserves it!

20. jeanlice's rating of the film The Florida Project

21. WildCardLucas's rating of the film The Florida Project

22. Leif Erikson's rating of the film The Florida Project

This is the life man! Better than a cruise...

23. Dan's rating of the film The Florida Project

I'm calling it, TFP moves more deeply than The 400 Blows and Boyhood - combined. When is the last time you saw a film that made you want to be kinder?

24. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film The Florida Project

****1/2 Like 2017's other diamond in the rough, Good Time, Florida Project reveals social marginality as its own kind of hyper-restlessness (both movies were also shot on celluloid to dazzling effect). As with Tangerine, Baker has a remarkable ability to balance slice of life goofing with propulsive narrative energy, aided by flawless performances by Prince, Vinaite, and Defoe. It only falls short in its ending.