1. sissy69's rating of the film The Fly

Oo, what a lovely romance! and what beautiful costumes on miss Hélène. . . But kinna freaky for my liking. . .

2. João R's rating of the film The Fly

Even though I couldn't take the plot seriously, I can't say that this wasn't enjoyable - mainly due to its brilliant presentation.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Fly

Hormis une fin plutôt moyenne, voire passable, tirée par... les toiles d'araignées, une oeuvre inoubliable qui reste un classique du film fantastique... www.cinefiches.com

4. Alice dos Reis's rating of the film The Fly

5. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Fly

You know you're through the looking glass when Vincent Price is the guy you need to call for help. The special effects may have dated, and the pacing may now seem "off" because everyone already knows the general plot, so there's no longer a real mystery. But the original Fly retains a fascinating power because it's still so conceptually creepy, teasing the audience and climaxing on a note no arachnophobe can stand.

6. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Fly

The true terror of reality as bent to human will. Beautiful colors, nauseating use of sound design and incidental music. A classic.

7. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Fly

2-3. Really, really clever presentation. But the actual time we spend with the fly isn't deep or interesting enough to compensate for the fact that his fate is ultimately sad rather than scary (though the ending is disturbing). On the other hand, at least it has A theme, even if it's not as meaningful as the Cronenberg version. So, glad I saw it, though I probably wouldn't watch it more than once.

8. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Fly

PRICE + FLY = a very original post war horror movie.

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Fly

Great technicolor Sci-Fi. Price is wonderful and Herbert Marshall has one of the coolest voices ever.

10. teresa romã's rating of the film The Fly

What was all that build up for? Ridiculous.

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Fly

Vintage horror > CGI creepy shit

12. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film The Fly

3.5. I wish the very end hadn't been uplifting. In the original short story she killed herself in the asylum

13. msmichel's rating of the film The Fly

'59 version holds up very well and was a surprise box office hit on release. Elevated by good performances for a genre film especially Patricia Owens. Good script with a couple iconic scenes that have been over parodied over the years. Not up to par with the later Cronenberg remake but that may well be comparing apples to oranges.

14. Diogo Pires's rating of the film The Fly

Dos finais mais "qeq foi aquilo" que me lembro

15. Matt Rolls's rating of the film The Fly

Probably my favourite fifties sci-fi horror.

16. KafkaesqueKyle's rating of the film The Fly

My goodness, that was unexpectedly freaky.

17. film_lies101's rating of the film The Fly

Yes, the Cronenberg remake is superior. There is still so much to love here...

18. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film The Fly

Un classico, dramma e horror ben mescolati, e Vincent Price arricchisce di molto il film

19. Donald R. Monroe's rating of the film The Fly

Brando. Olivier. DeNiro. Vincent Price.

20. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Fly

Underutilized Price (whose character is surprisingly weak) and Owens had problematic acting in this somewhat frustrating horror film. It had its moments though...

21. mjgildea's rating of the film The Fly

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. A decent watch, but not the landmark piece of cinema I was expecting to see. I was sort of disappointed by the lack of Vincent Price. The commentary on the dangers of scientific advancement was interesting and the fly makeup was amazing. And Jesus Christ, that spider web scene at the end was horrific even by today's standards.

22. 4LOM's rating of the film The Fly

"Diesen Schrei werde ich, so lange ich lebe, niemals vergessen." (Inspector Charas) Mir geht es ebenso. Nur wenige Filmbilder haben sich in meiner Kindheit dermaßen in mein Gedächtnis eingeschrieben, wie die im Spinnennetz gefangene Fliege mit Menschenkopf.

23. Scottie Ferguson's rating of the film The Fly

I saw this a long time ago, but I think I'm one of the few who actually prefers this to the Cronenberg remake. Anybody else? No? Eh, maybe I should watch them both again.

24. fiona_huffman's rating of the film The Fly

I saw the "fly" at 4 years old, and it terrified me; the image of the man with the fly head I could see in the shadows at night produced by my night-light. The ending I find extremely sad. I feel the same unbearable sadness as with The Elephant man. The Fly is silly alright, the dialogues are rather unnatural, but it's sad as hell. 4/5