1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Fog of War

While on the one hand it's fascinating to see an arrogant war criminal admit his failures it would have been better if there had been some doubt in his mind during his fiascoes. Morris is not the right person for the job of interviewing since he's not really going to be doing any fact checking or get answers to hard questions. Mea Culpa my ass.

2. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Fog of War

As you can expect from Morris, this is an excellent documentary film. Mcnamara's testimony was very interesting as he tried to defend some of the decisions that were made while he was in office. He came across very open yet Morris wasn't afraid to intervene and ask the hard questions.

3. mávros skýlos's rating of the film The Fog of War

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Fog of War

Sometimes a fine film can rub you the wrong way. I wanted this to be angrier, more direct. It would be more fair to evaluate the film on its own terms, but I can't do that yet.

5. Michael Clarke's rating of the film The Fog of War

Fascinating insight into the life and times of Robert McNamara.

6. Alex Mitici's rating of the film The Fog of War

7. Drew Weaver's rating of the film The Fog of War

Morris and McNamara squaring off. Though as is the always the case with Morris, his presence is never stated or seen, but felt throughout. A fascinating story and life, and a great documentarian.

8. Ginarley's rating of the film The Fog of War

An engaging and fascinating documentary about the career of a man involved in some of the most significant events in American history. The man is fascinating and the documentary, to it's credit, largely gets out of his way and lets him tell the story.

9. janice.hughes's rating of the film The Fog of War

Robert Macnamara alongside Jack Kennedy saved the world from nuclear war during the Cuban missile crisis while the generals were clamouring to nuke Castro. The American extreme fear of communism was carried forward again into Vietnam where Mac the Knife as he was known, wanted a complete withdrawal of troops from this costly war. He's a real legend as we see from his conversation to camera who then ran the World Bank

10. matdd3's rating of the film The Fog of War

An exercise in empathy. You do not have to agree with something to learn from it.

11. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Fog of War

12. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film The Fog of War

A favourite of mine from studying far too many FRUS papers from this era. My absolute favourite section still is where Macnamara takes credit for the invention of the seat belt. gold.

13. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Fog of War

Lesson from Achewood: "Become the ruling body'" because if you can make the rules so that you're not a criminal then you're still Good you're still Good you're still Good. A sterling documentary with such inventive use of archival footage but so exhausting and so sad. Oh America, go home.

14. WY's rating of the film The Fog of War

"'If we lose the war, we'll become war criminals.' Because we were behaving like criminals. But we won."

15. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Fog of War

Excellent documentary, an interview with McNamara, an insightful study of complexity of war as well as our human nature. The document revolves mainly around McNamara's life, WW2, the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Vietnam conflict.

16. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film The Fog of War

While it is undoubtedly an interesting subject and an incredible catch (to talk to McNamara face to face), the Fog of War suffers from dull film making. It should be either shorter, where McNamara speaks more, or it needs an Adam Curtis touch where the visual collage of archive footage is more engaging and intuitive.

17. CutTheBlueWire's rating of the film The Fog of War

'How much evil must we do in order to do good?'

18. guillaume's rating of the film The Fog of War

Mubi is a mine of indepedant cinema and this is one enlighting piece. R McNamara gives some insights of war politics he took part of while he was US secretary of Defense during cold war period. Can history help us deal with the present issues and scatter the fog of war?...

19. Liz Pagett's rating of the film The Fog of War

An extraordinary and brilliantly-crafted documentary about the complexity of war; and one that feels exceptionally pertinent in our current circumstances.

20. Mister Monkeyman's rating of the film The Fog of War

A chilling insight into the folly of giving military power even to seemingly intelligent and rational men.

21. Dominic Simard-Jean's rating of the film The Fog of War

So crazy that the world we live in has a structure that allows a lifetime like McNamara's to happen. Anybody could have been him, which proves that anybody in any given context could let the evil inside dictate their life decisions, as impactful as they can be.

22. Superfrog's rating of the film The Fog of War

The interview of what sounds like a war criminal giving an insight on his responsibility in state sponsored terrorist and conflict management. The film starts by McNamara setting up rules for peace and 'reasonable war; and then intelligently proceeds to show him failing by his own standards and failing to take any responsibility for any of the things he did.

23. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film The Fog of War

24. RhysB's rating of the film The Fog of War

This is the kind of thing I want to watch. More please.