1. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

2. Dries's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

A suo modo disturbante, peccato per la regia troppo grezza e un finale forse troppo frettoloso

3. Jason's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

High-level entertainment of modest means. A real sleeper (as they used to say). What kind of person would you be if you were not won over by this movie? I don't even want to know. Want nuffin to do wit 'em. Right off the bat, Ade shows herself to be a deft ironic practitioner of a no-bullshit humanism better than humanism. And this from a guy who normally does not like to cringe at protagonists being humiliated.

4. Драгољуб's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

Maren in all movies knows how to completly processing her characters. They are consistent to the end of the movie, which makes it more realistic.

5. vordven's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

6. Shōten's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

7. Zissou's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

8. Cemre Polat's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

Meslek hayatı distopyası kategorisinde bela okunan, kendini yok ediş üzerine dokunan bir film.

9. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

To put it simply- I loathed this movie!

10. suede's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

I've rarely seen something as cringe-inducing and psychologically merciless as the view Ade offers in this no-budget naturalistic piece. It progresses from hilarious to humiliating, cringeworthy, darkly comical, and suicidal. Most remarkably, we feel with the protagonist, but in many respects cannot identify. Incidentally, if she were male, she'd be called a stalker.

11. Nu's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

Great movie. Feels like life. Did'nt quite understand what was going on in the last scene, thats the only thing that bugs me.

12. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

Amazing use of metaphor OR Was that a Google car?

13. David R Williams's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

Begins as fairly straight forward character study that becomes a study in obsession with echos of Polanski's Repulsion. I almost passed on this one - glad I decided to watch.

14. Madison Santos's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

80 minutes straight of secondhand embarrassment. Terrifyingly realistic, almost backed by the home movie style VHS-looking camera quality and work.

15. mpho3's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

As a student project I gotta give it props, but I kind of hated this.

16. Julian Renard's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

Pretty cool: Good story, Great style, Clean ending.

17. Clay_Carter's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

We all can relate to the loneliness our protagonist Melanie is feeling. "The Forest for the Trees is" not a visually beautiful film but no doubt a successful, simple story. As her emotional and mental states lose stability, her apartment, once tidy, descends into a mirrored state of disarray and confusion. The subtle touches of this film make it memorable and heart-warming; you just want to give Melanie a long hug.

18. angela01's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

19. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

20. Gary's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

A painful film. The video portions peel away a layer of remove so that you are singed by the raw moment. The ending is worth it.

21. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

I really wanted to like this movie because the main character is relatable, lovable, and quirky. Yet the camerawork, acting, and production left a lot to be desired. Low budget doesn't excuse sloppy camerawork, bad lighting, and poorly composed imaging.

22. Marco Abel's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

This is excellent. MUBI's claim about the maleness of the Berlin School is questionable, though. The core of the BS includes, IMO, 3 women (of 8 "members"): Ade, Grisebach, & Schanelec. Maria Speth might be another director one could include. (In Germany on and off a few other female directors had been mentioned.). So, compared to many other "waves" in film history, this is a pretty decent percentage, I think.

23. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

It's a little hard to get past the fact that it looks like a home movie.

24. .'s rating of the film The Forest for the Trees

Life's tough, huh. I feel the same. "Ich bin ich" slogan is not strong enough to help her. The best thing to do is get a rest and then comback to kick another mother fucker ass called "life". Go to the forest, free mind.