1. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Forgiveness of Blood

Traditions in Albania are something to look at. This plot is uneven but deserves a chance. http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-forgiveness-of-blood-2011.html

2. msmichel's rating of the film The Forgiveness of Blood

The script by Marston and Murataj is a somewhat simplistic look at archaic tradition in Albania, namely the interpertation of the Kanun that still overrides socially the practise of law. Marston however as a director seems to be looking at this with a very westernized world view and never really gets under the skin of why this tradtion is still prevalent.

3. Andre Rehal's rating of the film The Forgiveness of Blood

I liked it, despite my complete lack of knowledge on the subject matter of albanian blood feuds. The realist style an interesting choice, but the one question I wish it answered was why this tradition is still in practice today? But it seems that the focus of the film was the toll this takes on the members of the family more than anything else.

4. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Forgiveness of Blood

Disappointing, rather lifeless take on an intriguing and fullblooded subject-matter from a culture most of us know little or nothing about. But there is one lovely, transcendent moment, where the girl bows her head in a lovely, shy moment when alone with Nik -for the briefest glimmer she transforms the humdrum film into a Rembrandt painting.

5. ImagoDeiLife's rating of the film The Forgiveness of Blood

A story of challenged loyalties and familial love.

6. Alice Tynan's rating of the film The Forgiveness of Blood

Stunning on every level. Beautifully shot; an enthralling, maddening story and some wonderful performances.