1. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film The Fortress

"The Fortress"... the title suggests different message. I was expecting something one-sided. Oh, how inhuman Switzerland is! Oh, do you remember WW2! But actually, it isn't. I've found it very ambiguous. The story of boy fleeing from Africa (let me skip details) was too terrifying to be true, but on the other hand suddenly-paralyzed-gypsy gets accepted.

2. Marcin Żuraw's rating of the film The Fortress

3. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Fortress

A small frontier outpost of Switzerland, resting along a rural border with France, is caught within the swirling eddy of globalization. A space where national tragedies -- of war, of ethnic conflict, of economic insecurity -- are reflected, case-by-case, in the lives of the individuals, children and parents, alcoholics and students, who pass through the gates of Fort Europe. A tender and often brutal portrait.

4. wilted's rating of the film The Fortress

It would have been easy for this to be a bleeding heart pro refugee film but I appreciate the more neutral approach. A balance is found whereby we hear sad stories that evoke pity but also see plenty of combative behavior and lying to the case workers. Overall a little too aimless for my taste, but still one of the better narrator-less documentaries I've seen.

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Fortress

What I find limited in Melgar's documentaries is that they have a critical eye over how Switzerland treats immigrants, and not why these immigrants are there in the first place.

6. Soizic Izzi's rating of the film The Fortress

7. Ugo Casabianca's rating of the film The Fortress

8. Axel's rating of the film The Fortress

Plus que jamais d’actualité, ce reportage poignant montre que les migrants, surtout les demandeurs d’asile, ne sont pas des profiteurs, mais bien des êtres humains en souffrance. De manière schizophrène, on les aide comme on peut tout en s’en méfiant. La Suisse semble mieux les accueillir que la France. N’oublions pas la chance que nous avons de vivre en Europe, et qu’un jour ce seront peut-être nous les réfugiés...

9. La Boracherie's rating of the film The Fortress

"Je veux la bible française"

10. fred's rating of the film The Fortress

Je recommande vivement

11. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film The Fortress

A very humanistic documentary with some pretty amazing stories of people fleeing their countries.

12. Libet's rating of the film The Fortress

This film is great. Subtle. Powerful. It's as if a Sebastian Salgado photograph came to life on the screen. My heart is breaking for these people all over the world. I wish Switzerland would have taken more.

13. Clara C.'s rating of the film The Fortress

Documentaire très émouvant, sans fioritures aucunes ! De beaux contrastes, de belles images, la caméra tremble parfois comme les spectateurs à l'écoute de ces destins brisés

14. Laura Suffield's rating of the film The Fortress

Very good, sensitive documentary which takes a balanced view of the subject. Low key but visually compelling with understated but compelling portraits of all those involved.

15. mahmoud's rating of the film The Fortress