1. Anca.'s rating of the film The Fountain

"as if this hole I fall into, which is the permanent absence of you, is nothing but a dream I scare myself with" perhaps a 3.5, not sure how I feel about Jackman in this

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Fountain

Different fantasy about Life and Death. Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz are great together in the film and it is hard not to be moved by their sad story. Darren Aronofsky's visual style always engages and I love the ending that can be interpreted different each time you see it.

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Fountain

A prog rock album cover come to life. It needed more symphonic metal on the soundtrack. Both profoundly silly and rather moving. It was nice to watch an Aronofsky film that displayed some love for humanity. In place of the misogyny that taints his other films, you have bizarre cultural reappropriation. A white dude struts up to an ayahuasca ceremony in dark shades & proceeds to tell the shaman how enlightened he is.

4. Ruoppola's rating of the film The Fountain

This made me literally cry like a fountain.

5. Edward Morris's rating of the film The Fountain

A truly extraordinary piece of complete tosh. Not even the otherwise perfect Rachel Weisz could redeem this nonsense. I left it a star only so I could write this review. A complete waste of time. I totally resent the 97 minutes I wasted watching this. Mubi - what were you thinking?

6. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Fountain

Aims for the ineffable but manages only to be largely insufferable. Some glorious visuals but sadly harnessed to material that my grandmother would have described as completely doolally complete with some very dubious and largely inexplicable recasting of the Inquisition.

7. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film The Fountain

A interesting look at death and our fear of it. One can see that it heavily influenced Tykwer and Wachowski’s Cloud Atlas. The leitmotifs will stay in the mind for a long time to come.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Fountain

Gorgeous sci-fi from Darren Aronofsky, The Fountain explores some interesting themes of love, pain, and the chance for immortality (as is the case with many other Aronofsky movies). It also benefits from two superb performances from Rachel Weisz and Hugh Jackman. Fantastic stuff.

9. Fokion Xenos's rating of the film The Fountain

High concept beautiful film about obsession. Strong timeless visuals and mesmerizing music.

10. Zachariah Rigby's rating of the film The Fountain

Very pretty, but not much else.

11. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film The Fountain

whilst I think Jackman's casting was a mistake, this film remains emotionally compelling, gorgeously flawlessly scored by Clint Mansell.

12. mrianlawton's rating of the film The Fountain

That is some serious twaddle. A guy sitting in lotus position floats around in a pod in space, an angry scientist looks for a cure for his angelic wife's cancer, and a conquistador searches in the jungle for the hairy tree of life and immortality. It's all connected and It's three terrible movies for the price of one. Hugh Jackman has had some acting classes right??

13. dmol's rating of the film The Fountain

One of Aronofsky films I liked less. It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember well that the romance and metaphysics didn't quite stick with me.

14. UnbrandedFilms's rating of the film The Fountain

It would have been way more inspiring without any narration. As it is there are three narrators pushing the same story from three different angles and none of which ties up the ending.

15. Dr Chris Lange-Küttner's rating of the film The Fountain

I did not expect a critical medical bio as the background to this film from the previous reviews. Also that the film plays in different times is not random but it is derived from the book the wife has written. The Zen motives make sense given the rage to succeed in medical research. The work—life balance topic and the quest for eternal life has the potential to make this film a quasi-religious new age cult film.

16. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Fountain

In this case, Aronofsky doesn't convince me. On the technical level there are some remarkable aspects and the visuals are sometimes impressive although they turn into mere kitsch in the end (also thanks to Clint Mansell's repetitive score). One of the most disappointing things is that the director uses his abilities to blow up a simplistic message and to romanticise the deeds of the Spanish conquistadors.

17. Pango's rating of the film The Fountain

I though was great in some ways. What I disliked was the exaggerate use of glossy cgi, especially towards the end. Too much.

18. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Fountain

The conquistador scenes are my favourite. But the rest of the film is just quite good.

19. SiIencio's rating of the film The Fountain

Aronofsky's wet dream, a dream-like bonfire of self-indulgence, an affected concoction of silliness and frivolity. Its glossy appearance hides a lot of nothingness. The focal point of the film is a well-trodden path but Aronofsky's aspiration to elevate this mundane tale into something heavenly transcendent quickly degenerates into an infantile and over-exhuberant malarkey by lack of elegance and refinement.

20. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film The Fountain

Over-ambitious and pretentious and doesn't quite work but does so in a really rather wonderfully. Beautiful, confusing and touching in all the right ways.

21. Peter Walsh's rating of the film The Fountain

Not sure how a film can be unexpected when you have no idea what to expect in the first place, but this was a pleasant discovery. Studio films quite this audacious are a rare treat, and you can forgive a lot for sheer bloody effort alone.

22. Dave Boothroyd's rating of the film The Fountain

A tad too aborescent for me. Would have preferred rhizomatic.

23. Inês Guimarães's rating of the film The Fountain

Dos visuais exagerados e diálogos cliché às narrativas sem sentido. No fundo, a ideia está lá.

24. Comadozer's rating of the film The Fountain