1. mikong's rating of the film The Free Will

a problematization of free will amid the complexities of being human, part of which is the intrinsic "evil", that we have to look beyond this utter reduction to reveal our truths even if it means begetting pain. it's a rarity for a film to effectively utilized bodies to evoke human relations as raw as this. the church scene could easily be one of the reasons why spending time on cinema is worth it

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Free Will

I too am tired now Embracing thoughts of tonight's dreamless sleep My head is empty My toes are warm I am safe from harm

3. dottor caligari's rating of the film The Free Will

For some reasons two star, for other reasons three stars

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Free Will

4.5. Forse esagero col voto ma cazzo me ne

5. matelot's rating of the film The Free Will

6. Hira's rating of the film The Free Will

Un'opera tanto cruda e straziante quanto reale e sincera

7. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film The Free Will

Incredibly long, batshit crazy, depressive movie about sex offenders.

8. Absentia's rating of the film The Free Will

Oggi ho visto un film che rimarrà dentro me per sempre. Un film doloroso, troppo doloroso. "Der Freie Wille" mi ha prosciugato interiormente, mi ha piegato, colpito, stuprato...ma di "Der Freie Wille" ricorderò anche alcune tra le scene più commoventi e sincere che mai vedrò. Glasner firma un'opera fortemente realista, di spietata crudezza, di inaudita potenza drammatica. Un capolavoro che formalmente rimanda al

9. letters never sent's rating of the film The Free Will

10. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film The Free Will

This film will fuck you up; brutal, raw, and heartbreaking. About the fifth time I have watched this (still in my top five/ten films of all time), and it still feels like a journey rather than a film; taking you through the brutality, disgust of the opening, to fear, rejection, but there is some small light, hope, tenderness, love. Oh how I cried for Nettie. Essentially, some minds are too fragile for life.

11. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film The Free Will

Shocking - twisted - powerful. Not for the faint-hearted... [watched on MUBI]

12. klofter's rating of the film The Free Will

Two thoughts about this one. On the one hand I wish the film wouldn't have taken the (overly) melodramatic route at the end and instead would've confronted the problematic of whether reform and reintegration is possible head on after Theo confesses to her. On the other hand, Theo's inability to cope and his ultimate decision are such compelling and important avenues... either way the film doesn't pay off. A pity.

13. nein's rating of the film The Free Will

Disturbing, unpleasant, vulgar, giving no hope. It didn't strike me as much as it should though, until the end I managed to lose patience towards the characters and stopped to care a bit. The actress gives an amazing performance, the actor is hard to look at... but I guess it is the way it should be.

14. Juan Restrepo-Rodriguez's rating of the film The Free Will

Good elements, too long, really unpleasant for little to no payoff.

15. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Free Will

Glasner brilliantly applies raw long scenes in a attempt to bring sympathy towards to this deep troubled criminal. Free Will is a hot philosophical topic, it seems like he uses a hyperbolical scenario to discuss the nature of free will. Hard to say it succeeds considering that any kind of mental illness kind of spoils the subject. Highlight to the acting of the troubled girl and her complex feelings.

16. lina maj's rating of the film The Free Will

I think, even the most stuck up teenager is better at expressing his emotions than the main character. Somehow I find this film essentially German ʕ•͡ɛ•͡ʼʼʔ

17. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film The Free Will

Look at the title. Why does no one look at the title? The movie is about the reach of the free will in a soul with a tyrannical compulsion. The lover comes as a second self to feel viscerally the pain that radiates from this failed soul. The film is quite beautiful and it delivers on drama, but beneath the pleasures there is the analysis, and it’s a true one.

18. Payam's rating of the film The Free Will

One of the most painful and beautiful films I have ever seen. It takes your breath..the screenplay is a masterpiece. STUNNING.

19. Isabelle Hayeur's rating of the film The Free Will

J'ai stoppé le film au tout début, incapable de regarder plus longtemps une scène de viol d'une brutalité inouïe. La haine des femmes à peine déguisée en intellectualisme cinématographique me pue au nez.

20. Jocelyn Bonnier's rating of the film The Free Will

I like moody low-key photography, but this film is simply underlit, especially near the end. Couldn't see anything.

21. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Free Will

Begs to question whether death penalty is best appropriate for both society and the criminal.

22. HAD!L's rating of the film The Free Will

brutal in every possible sense, even aesthetically. this is not a compliment.

23. wax@waxsm.com.au's rating of the film The Free Will

This film comes with several trigger warnings that should not be taken lightly. With a penetrating slow pace and close-proximity filming, the parallel female story adds all kinds of ethical complexities.

24. Alexa G. Cam's rating of the film The Free Will