1. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Freshman

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Freshman

Le jeune Harold Lloyd alias Lamb ne rêve que de devenir le champion de l'équipe de football de son université ..... FORMIDABLE ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Ross's rating of the film The Freshman

Main event at the Slapstick Gala with score composed by Carl Davis and performed live by the Bristol Ensemble

4. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Freshman

"I'm just a regular fellow ! -- and I want you to step right up and call me 'Speedy'!" This is a delightful, little hidden gem from the silent era. Harold Lloyd is right up there with slapstick legends like Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton, but for some reason I feel he isn't as well known as Chaplin and Keaton. This is a fun film with a surprising amount of heart.

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Freshman

Harold Lloyd is often considered the third genius of the silent era in terms of comedy. This may be true, but he certainly isn't anywhere near on the heels of Chaplin and Keaton if this film is anything to go by. He's at least a couple of miles behind them in his comic ingenuity, command of filmmaking, and general likeability.

6. Shea Hennum's rating of the film The Freshman

Not as good as Safety Last.

7. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Freshman

She advises the freshman to find his own way, but I'm not sure he really does. An undertow of sadness here-- though it may have more to do with my own viewing context.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film The Freshman

Can't be held responsible / She was touchin' her face

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Freshman

So very funny. Have the poster hanging in my room. One of Lloyds best comedies and feels as fresh today as when it was released I'd imagine. Essential.

10. Log Lady's rating of the film The Freshman

Not my favorite Lloyd because of the university theme, but the boy is still able to be utterly charming. He's perfect for the role of an awkward and slightly naive new student.

11. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Freshman

One of Lloyd's finest, which combines his everyman humor and a heartwarming element that anyone who struggled to find their identity in college can relate to easily. From his wardrobe mishaps at a party to his realization moment with Peggy, Lloyd has us all cheering for him by the thrilling finale.

12. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Freshman

13. Vahid Mortazavi's rating of the film The Freshman

After more than 80 years, this lively film is still working ...

14. Roscoe's rating of the film The Freshman