1. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Tennessee Williams is a delight. His play is remarkable. With Sidney Lumet's casting of Magnani, Brando and Woodward, there was little that could go wrong. I admire Magnani in this film.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

>>> Sidney Lumet, dans ses meilleurs jours ! www.cinefiches.com

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Great Lumet with great Brando and Magnani performances. The first half was a bit of a chore to sit through at times, suffering from staginess and Woodward's beyond annoying character. The second half was a whirlwind of emotions though and more than made up for this. Very tight direction, with great moody photography. An easy film to recommend and another great adaptation of Williams. 4 stars

4. Muraki's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

such a great acting! the '1st' court scene was like Brando representing his acting skills alone on a stage like a lonely poet.

5. Dalibor's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Starting out somewhat slow with unconvincing protagonist, it wasn't until Magnani-Brando duo started off it got the pace and style it seemed to sought after. Theatricality of their interaction, interrupted by secondary characters of the same tone, is the thing that keeps the story both intriguing and unlikely.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Brando and Magnani burning up the screen! Damn! Screenplay by Tennessee Williams (Streetcar Named Desire, Cat On A Hot Tin Roof) and directed by Sidney Lumet (Twelve Angry Men, Dog Day Afternoon).

7. svvdvvmyn's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

heavy bog like atmosphere/ joanne woodwards hysteria is terrifyingly relatable, loose and powerful. Surprisingly nuanced race poltics

8. Matt Rolls's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Brando is dynamite. Underrated.

9. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom? - Sailor in David Lynch's Wild At Heart

10. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

***1/2. The film doesn't age very well, it's so theatrical that whenever a character opens his mouth, we're waiting for the Word of God to come out So let's focus on the performances of the actors, mute the sound and observe how they move. A DVD zone Tennessee Williams and his weird friends.

11. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

12. MS1915's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

I am a big fan of the Brando, but I have to see this movie just came off as weird. The atmosphere had a creepy-eery sense and while it may appeal to others, it wasn't for me. Acting was good, but failed to catch my eye.

13. sheila's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

one of brando's most iconic & coolest roles... a powerful story of dilemmas, loneliness and desperate love.

14. SP's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Anna Magnani + Marlon Brand = Acting

15. Franklinton Underground Cinema's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Subtle and restrained film...that feels like a slow southern drawl.

16. mjgildea's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. There's no denying Brando's sex appeal in The Fugitive Kind but the claustrophobic adapted play quality kind of leaves the movie shuffling its feet for most of its running time. There wasn't enough of Sidney Lumet's style to make up for it but the title sequence was gorgeous.

17. Justin Vicari's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Rough-trade Brando wants to get out of the Life, but finds that he brings out the doomed queer in everyone he meets, so his lot pretty much remains fuck or get fucked. As honest as can be - which means we have to allow for the fact that Joanne Woodward's character should actually be a transvestite - and all in a day's work for the U.S.'s greatest playwright, Tennessee Williams.

18. Nikola's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

The first hour is super expository and a chore to get through, but the second half is just stunning! Brando and Magnani have an undeniable chemistry, and Lumet's direction is more than engrossing for such a theatrical piece.

19. codyhunter's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

20. T. J. Harman's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

VERY underrated Lumet (and Williams). This may be my 2nd fave Brando performance (behind Last Tango).

21. LifeofFiction's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

The mesmerizing black and white, coupled with the great performances, make up for the vastly inconsequential plot. 3/5

22. meancreek's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

Marlon Brando is fantastic, but sadly I do not care too much for the film itself. Disappointing.

23. HobartLazaro's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

narlon brando oozing w/ sex appeal

24. Thrift Store Junkie's rating of the film The Fugitive Kind

"You're in danger here, Snakeskin. You've taken off the jacket that said: "I'm wild, I'm alone!" and put on the nice blue uniform of a convict!"