1. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film The Gallows

2. merriell's rating of the film The Gallows

I hate that Mubi doesn't allow us to give a rating lower than a one.

3. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Gallows

At the same time it gave me the chills and made me look away from the screen several times (it does create a very creepy atmosphere), it's impossible to ignore the cliches of this plot. Adding to that, Charlie is probably one of the least appealing film entities and he's almost kiddish with that hood. The last minutes are a poor try on making things have sense: why does it always have to run in the family?

4. batarde's rating of the film The Gallows

Remarkably awful protagonist, are we supposed to look forward to him dying?

5. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Gallows

i was totally involved in the premise and how it played out but i sense it's flaws would be more evident on repeat viewings!

6. Hazel Cills's rating of the film The Gallows

Don't fuck with theater kids!

7. glhrmefc's rating of the film The Gallows

Bad story, bad acting, bad movie.

8. bradfms's rating of the film The Gallows

9. Will C's rating of the film The Gallows

Easily in the running for one of the worst movies of the year. An interesting idea bogged down by amateurish acting (especially from Ryan Shoos that makes Oliver Cooper's abominable "protagonist" from "Project X" tolerable), the usual faults that come with "found footage" films exacerbated by the typical horror tropes and derivative plot points. The ending five minutes saves it from being a complete waste.

10. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film The Gallows

I always found high school/college drama rooms especially creepy and "The Gallows" captures their almost inherent eeriness with the feeling that we, the audience, are playing around in an abandoned theater. On top of that, we have some interesting twists on display, some hilarious characters, and a wild ride through shaky videography and editing. This is one of the more enjoyable contemporary found footage efforts.