1. mpho3's rating of the film The Game of Angels

I don't even know what the fuck that was

2. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Alludes to an experience(s) both mystical and terrifying. I found a lot to meditate on, especially in our seemingly post-religious State (of mind).

3. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film The Game of Angels

4. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film The Game of Angels

5. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Escher, Dali and Шкатулка с секретом (Soviet experimental cartoon).

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Curieux, intrigant, séduisant... www.cinefiches.com

7. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Game of Angels

From the opening disclaimer the film challenges and asks questions of the audience to delve into moments and second guess themselves. It twists and presents distorted imagery. The style of the film is immaculate, the hand drawn illustrations are unique and fresh. The music and sound design were superb, aiding in building off on the imagery and adding depth to complete the viewing experience.

8. captainfez's rating of the film The Game of Angels

It's really too bad the machine didn't kill me.

9. unverfügbar's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Even though important and potentially influential, Borowczyk's animated work isn't appealing for me. 'The Game of Angels' strengthens my conviction that from the Polish duet that started their film carrer simultanously I pretty much stand for Jan Lenica.

10. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Game of Angels

My mind is boggled by the number of comments here expressing confusion about the film's subject. Are they all from young people? Is anyone being taught history any more? Are we so awash in commercial images that the Holocaust is effectively forgotten? Stalin? Any number of genocides? This is tragic that a film so raw and obvious is illegible because so few know how to "read", or have the ability to unpack art. Shame!

11. elizabeth l・'s rating of the film The Game of Angels

He shouts jab the earth deeper you lot there you others sing up and play / he grabs for the rod in his belt he swings it his eyes are so blue / jab your spades deeper you lot there you others play on for the dancing

12. Matthew Harbin's rating of the film The Game of Angels

The film is brilliantly animated, and its sound design and dark, eerie sketches are just oozing with atmosphere. It was certainly an interesting twelve minutes. But, unfortunately, it's story is so avant garde and vague that it's likely most people would have to spend a long time trying to discern what Borowczyk was trying to say. Worth the watch for the art and atmosphere, but little else.

13. Ghostman's rating of the film The Game of Angels

14. Diderot's rating of the film The Game of Angels

This is what imagination looks like. Mesmerizing.

15. Steve Artavanis's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Arthouse nonsense. The only redeeming quality I can find is the somwhat pleasing aesthetic but even that pales in comparison to "Les Astronautes", another movie of Borowczyk I watched recently.

16. Laura O'Brien's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Borowczyk lent his signature animation style to Les Jeux Des Anges. Though the short film is choppy and confusing, it seems to convey the horror and loss of concentration camps well. Most of the animation is very simplistic, emphasizing the isolation of those poor souls featured in the film. Although it is difficult to follow, Borowczyk’s film seems to convey the disturbing nature of the camps he is portraying.

17. ronny's rating of the film The Game of Angels

again, the sound design wins.

18. David R Williams's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Bosch meets Python. Dark and disturbing. Terrifying really.

19. Carina Dybevick's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Borowczyk successfully paints a disturbing, surrealistic picture of a concentration camp in this formalist short. I felt I was in a nightmare, anxious to wake up yet eager to analyze what I had seen afterwards. I am left intrigued, however, I do not think I would recommend this for any other reason than to experience the curious pencil-sketched style of animation.

20. Myles's rating of the film The Game of Angels

The kind of situation where I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I don't mind. It's really more of a painting, the camera guiding us through its details, which might be what Hieronymus Bosch would have produced had he lived through Surrealism, the Second World War, Picasso in the 1930s. Looking forward to this funky little series from a perverted Pole who saw things differently and invited us to join him.

21. Namsai's rating of the film The Game of Angels

13-min meditation on visuals and sounds that left me feeling something very uneasy afterwards

22. Em Kim's rating of the film The Game of Angels

Repetitive, striking images set in an unsettling rhythm. This film is an experience rather than a narritive. The animation is uniquely quirky, dark, erotic even humorous at points and has obviously inspired several other filmmakers. The images are deliberate and bold, definitely worth a viewing by a filmgoer or those that are fans of art.

23. lou.'s rating of the film The Game of Angels

I didn't get it. I know, it's me. I'm sorry, but still.

24. Ashley Baker's rating of the film The Game of Angels

With its bold art and vague storytelling that is almost nonexistent, “The Game Of Angels” is a surrealist’s dream. The animation is barely there at all — even when it is, it is choppy at best. You can clearly see the influence this film had on influencing the style of Monty Python. But within its thirteen minutes I couldn’t understand a thing that was going on. A bit too surreal for me, perhaps.