1. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

Wow that surreal ending might be the coolest thing in hollywood'$ history.

2. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

American kitsch at its ripest - and creepiest. Perhaps had I dropped acid prior to viewing it the film's grotesque abstract musical sequences would have kicked me over the moon, but, as I was unfortunate enough to see this in a state of total sobriety, they only greatly added to the discomfort I felt at the sight of the bananas atop Carmen Miranda's head, the lunatic gleam in her eyes.

3. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

For me the key image of the film is the one above, the banana funnel, because this is how I imagined the whole film – an upside down image of the psyche as commonly portrayed: a timid icicle of waking consciousness above an ocean of repression, from where the roars of ancient uncivil dinosaurs rise up to haunt our dreams and imprint our automatic gestures. The Gang’s All Here is an iceberg mockingly standing on its

4. Karthik's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

Does Debord's critique of spectacle as appearance fetishism need to be modified when the (very commercial, trascendentally kitsch) appearance is so formally delirious as to shade off into abstract avant-garde? What can the profit-motive appropriate but self-parody?

5. José Neves's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

The heyday of Berkeley's cinema, the filmmaker that with the sequence-shot created an unmatched architecture of "trompe l'oeil", through cinema's own expressivity: by his camera-eye, the space is the consequence of a rigorous, dizzying and whirlwind choreography, in progressive spiral. Berkely was the creator of the image-dance while the spectator-eye dance with it, dancing within.

6. Trevor's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

Berkeley's most uninhibited film, culminating in perhaps the strangest musical number to be found in cinema. A glorious, perverse and unforgettable triumph of style over substance.

7. chanandre's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

[Cinémathèque PT #: 35 mm] (2009)

8. MarcH's rating of the film The Gang's All Here

You have to realize how totally routine and boring musicals had become by the mid 1940s to appreciate what a subversive masterpiece this is.