1. Bob's rating of the film The Gate

Although it holds the 80s charm, it seems dated and cheesy to the point of being unwatchable at time. Unlike superior examples of horror movies with kids as the main protagonists such as "The Willies" or "Gremlins", this one feels more like a kiddie movie that fails to disgust or shock. Points go to its appropriately cheap look and interesting premise, but everything else comes as forgettable and overused.

2. Ariana Black's rating of the film The Gate

Best part is the kill tactic using a Barbie doll to the eye

3. _cmb's rating of the film The Gate

"ah shit" *throws bible into hole*

4. el.'s rating of the film The Gate

this is kind of a retarded comment, but i have to say it - some films should never be re-watched in grown up years. this is one if them.

5. girlsonvhs's rating of the film The Gate

Why is this so underrated? it's marvelous and filled with surrealism.

6. Lightintodark's rating of the film The Gate

Terrence 'Terry' Chandler: We accidently summoned demons who used to rule the universe to come and take over the world.

7. Igor Leoni's rating of the film The Gate

The special effects are pretty dated today but that zombie worker used to give me goosebumps when I was a kid. The story is very creative and pays some clever hommages to classics like 'Poltergeist' and 'Evil Dead'. I wish the horror flicks these days could have more of this creativity and less CGI.

8. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The Gate

An innocent horror flick that if I ever have children will have the pleasure to scar them by showing them at a tender age! The special effects and animation are wonderfully done but dated. The horror elements are done with care and don't cop out to a nihilistic ending.

9. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Gate

i think one of THE first horror movies i have ever seen & still a big fan of it - can't wait to see it again..!