1. riraru's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

2. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Exceptional, supremely important on many levels and its reassuring to learn that the heart of the beast is not devoid of light.

3. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

The last words will stay with you for a long time. It is refreshing to see people wielding such enormous power with such a clearheaded view of the "greyness" of their actions - a trait largely missing from the current American intelligence establishment (publicly, at least).

4. guillaume's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Interesting narrative and thoughts about the conflict in Israel from Jewish point of view.

5. themroc's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Insightful, engrossing and, despite the brutality, offers hope. The director allows these men space to express themselves without imposition. I expected that I would hate them. Instead they intrigued me.

6. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Absorbing. The conflict never seems to lose its power to horrify, but what is most compelling here is the quite unexpected impact on the protagonists' mindsets

7. SiIencio's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Overall very compelling in reflecting the dilemmas under which Shin Bet's old guard had to operate and now live with. Moreh can be praised for pulling out such arguably earnest comments from his interviewees, the sum of which inspire questions surrounding the morality of the response to the conflict, the futility of the actions taken and the scale of the suffering that condemn generations to death and hopelessness.

8. Anita G's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

I am intrigued by this film. How were such honest interviews possible ? Israel is very self conscious about how it is perceived and I do wonder how well this film was received there. It is a good introduction for people who are only becoming aware of the very troubling situation. The next step is to go back further into its history - before 1967

9. Superfrog's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

High marks for a the rarity of the material and the format. As a documentary, it fails to really explore any of the major problematics that are mentioned through the interviews and instead concentrates on providing details on specific events. This is a perfectly defensible choice.

10. Edward Morris's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

There is no morality in a thousand pound bomb.

11. AstridSalas's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

I don't fully understand the Arab-Israeli conflict, but this clear-eyed documentary was worth watching. #Film #Documentaries

12. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

totally consuming. I found all the speakers, all men, very charismatic and very clear in what they said. It did make me think, would the role have ever been given to a woman.? Will the conflict ever really end..? Or will it just grind on, with new, eager disillusioned youth, taking the place of the dead..Very thought provoking.

13. Mark Clay's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

An amazing documentary. A lot of commentary about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is so loaded and so blocked its really refreshing to hear these guys' points of view. You veer from dread at their very cold attitude at times to surprise at their insight at others. Made me check my emotions a little more and appreciate that there is nuance to be thought about in all situations.

14. PFL's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Dror Moreh's documentary is a thought-provoking, moving and, at times, chilling viewing experience. The use of computer animation throughout arguably detracts a little from the film's intensity, but the interviews are never anything less than riveting. A searingly powerful and compelling piece of work.

15. David Maiden's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Eye opening accounts from key participants of the conflict

16. El Biffo's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Required viewing for anyone struggling to understand the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

17. DanB3000's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Couldn't really ask for more in a documentary - perhaps an interview with those who were being hunted? Good to hear from the front line as we normally see everything filtered through the media. An ugly situation, with too many interests in keeping it that way.

18. matt powell's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Fascinating unembellished account from men with enormous responsibility and the power over life and death...wow still thinking about it today

19. Piero Reynolds's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

A fantastic insight into the Israeli Palestinian issue.

20. Mirapeerance's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

if like me you have always been puzzled by how the Middle East can possibly have got so stuck in war, this film sheds light on the problem and even hints at the possibility of a solution. I only saw it once, but it was sobering and enlightening.

21. Waxed's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

Some interesting bits, not sure i learned that much but nice to see grown men feeling guilt about their actions. and more evidence of how religion is ruining the world for everyone. atheists are the only ones likely to make it to heaven at this rate..

22. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

"We win every battle, but we lose the war". Full of incredible footage. A profound film. Unexpected in the depth of its honesty. It has left me with chills.

23. Andro's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

A good example of "It's easy to be a general after the war". Still, it doesn't make it less disheartening. What I found the most interesting was the shifting of roles - on one hand talking lightly about collateral damage and having deep humanistic philosophical thought about their actions and roles they played from the distance on the other. Disheartening, truly, when the good do bad.

24. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film The Gatekeepers

I never thought that I would watch a doc featuring interviews with former heads of Israel's internal security apparatus and walk away with something like admiration for their commentary, but there you go.