1. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Gates

It is interesting to see the before and after reaction of the citizens towards the plan. People do hate changes, but sometimes they eventually realize that changes are not always bad.

2. sebrechts family :-)'s rating of the film The Gates

3. Anugat's rating of the film The Gates

Personally this story touched my heart, inspired and motivated me as a cinematic artist myself, i feel the hope of acceptance for ART is not a fantasy but when committed with honesty of your soul(like the couple did) it can touch other souls too. With the color orange(my fav.) cloth, debates on abstract art and its final heroic victory, this documentary has a special place in my life.

4. @frassivan's rating of the film The Gates

Christo, The floating Piers. June 18 - July 3, 2016 Lake Iseo, Italy

5. Lapalu's rating of the film The Gates

I liked his umbrelas better, but this is alright.

6. dudewiththeface's rating of the film The Gates

Mostly interesting because of the reactions big and small to the project, and how some shift.

7. Witek Lewis's rating of the film The Gates

✺ Worth watching if you are a Maysles fan ✺ The movie plays almost like a comedy for the first 45 minutes - it's surprising (but not incomprehensible) how maddened by this idea the people of NYC are ✺ It's interesting to see how the dynamic between Christo and Jeanne-Claude changed over 25 years from him being so outspoken to her becoming so passionate ✺ Jeanne-Claude, we get it, the project is like your child ✺

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Gates

I think it's less about art, and more about how to deal with city governments and red tape. There are people who just want to say no, and they are annoying.

9. jim in austin's rating of the film The Gates

I've never been one for conceptual art but this was delightful. For what it's worth, the opinions of the fellow at the end of the film pretty much mirror my own...