1. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The General

Rewatched and re-loved. Buster Keaton is love.

2. Django's rating of the film The General

If you only see one Keaton movie this is probably the one to see. Sublime.

3. VincentVendetta's rating of the film The General

As Johnie Gray continues to pass by History, oblivious to the events around him and his destiny - one can only go forward or backwards on a railroad - Buster Keaton would undeniably become part of another History, that of cinema itself.

4. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film The General

saw this one for the second time with live soundtrack, changed my life.

5. naive3's rating of the film The General

6. berat bayer's rating of the film The General

forgot to rate this classic.

7. YOthisisYO's rating of the film The General

First ever video was shot in 1888 , This movie was out in 1926 , Buster Keaton is a Genius . Cant even imagine how limited technology was back then . Those Stunts and rush can be felt through out the movie , This movie is Ageless . Thanks to digital restoration i was able to watch it . This and Metropolis should be respected just for being made.

8. etilen's rating of the film The General

If you lose this war don't blame me.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film The General

Un classique du cinéma burlesque, muet, brillant et qui mérite le voyage... www.cinefiches.com

10. MistaRichard's rating of the film The General

11. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The General

12. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film The General

The stunts and visual effects in this film are insanely well made. There is not a single shot that looks fake, it feels real and helps the viewer to get along with the story. The train chase sequences reminds me of "Mad Max : Fury Road". Another extremely well made action film made almost 90 years after Keaton's film. The influence of this wild ride makes it a highly enjoyable essential piece of cinema. 3.5 stars.

13. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The General

Pensare che qualcuno sia riuscito a realizzare un film del genere la bellezza di 90 anni fa, con i pochi e regrediti mezzi disponibili all'epoca, ci dà una definizione ben chiara di cosa voleva dire essere un "genio cinematografico". Senza dialoghi e con poche, semplici, idee Keaton riesce, come sempre, ad essere comico ed innovativo.

14. panagiotatos's rating of the film The General

Buster Keaton's antics are not my favourite, but i bow to his inventiveness, technical maestry, and his director's feel.

15. Lingam's rating of the film The General

Finest screenplay for a railroad movie. Utterly realistic action sequences.

16. ahen's rating of the film The General

17. Bleins Salazar's rating of the film The General

Da cuenta porqué Buster Keaton es un grande del cine. La veo 90 años después de su estreno y logró hacerme reír y disfrutar de la historia. Tema aparte es que con la cinematografía en ciernes haya obtenido un trabajo logrado. Podría elogiar el encuadre, la edición, la sencillez y contundencia... pero lo mejor: la escena del cañón y cuando quita el madero de las rieles jaja, un maestro.

18. Sidereus's rating of the film The General

One of the greatest masterpiece of all time. Perfect cinematography, timing and superb humor.

19. Renton47's rating of the film The General

Consider me one of those audience members who in 1927 did not wholly embrace the film; a clever feat of stunts but never as raucously funny as Keaton can be. Impressive for treating trains as if they were mere model stand-ins, and I do love watching Keaton's mopey mug. The politics are interesting - I'm inclined to think the film shows heroics as whims of chance and romance, undermining but not addressing the Confed

20. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film The General

I don't watch many silent movies, but really enjoyed this. Not familiar with Buster Keaton's work, seems like something I need to rectify

21. Gregory Van Bellinghen's rating of the film The General

Watched it with the kids (7,5 and 2 years old) they all loved it, roars of laughter. Superb.

22. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The General

23. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The General

The stunt work is astonishing and it is so interesting to watch a film from this era - no one would dream of doing this stuff for real nowadays. The film is overlong however.

24. yovargas's rating of the film The General

This movie's nuts. The I'm on A Train action sequences are insane! Still impressive, rousing spectacle 90 years later. I give it a quite enjoyable B.