1. Andy Beasley's rating of the film The Ghoul

Backed by Ben Wheatley, Gareth Tunley has taken inspiration from other great directors (lynch, Nolan, Hitchcock, perhaps) and I don't want to be too critical of an aspiring film maker with a limited budget. However, I felt the toe curling performances were the result of a overly pretentious script that could have been cut and pasted from Wikipedia. Some of the camera work was decent but it lacked real depth.

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Ghoul

What should have been a really creepy ending, just didn't deliver. I wanted to be freaked out, because I saw it coming, but it didn't effect me at all. The main character isn't interesting. None of them are. The story is pretty bland. The most interesting parts were the occult knowledge dropping, but telling the audience information with dialogue is not storytelling, so overall it actually detracts from it.

3. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Ghoul

Delusions of grandeur. I'm talking about Gareth Tunley. He has seen Pi one time too many (but hasn't learnt much).

4. alina.'s rating of the film The Ghoul

Dysthymia,Klein bottle,Möbius strip...that's a lot of information.

5. Palmat's rating of the film The Ghoul

Quite interesting and somewhat perplexing flick about reality gone sideways. It starts out in detective noir territory and segues into kitchen sink drama about depression and onwards to slight occult stylings. It's a heady mix but it just does not work out as good as it could have. For every success there are missteps in the script and direction that leaves the movie on the threshold of greatness.