1. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Giants

Champêtre, au fil de l'eau, on pense à BECKER (Les Enfants du Marais), TWAIN (Huckleberry Finn), Le Grand Chemin (Jean-Loup HUBERT) ou Mud. LANNERS ne raconte pas, il nous fait voyager avec ces kids & nous les fait aimer. In the spirit of Jean BECKER, Mark TWAIN, the Grand Chemin (Jean-Loup HUBERT) or Mud. LANNERS does'nt tell a story, just takes us along the water & the Ardennes with these kids & makes us love them.

2. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Giants

Extremely subtle in its gentle characterizations, The Giants is a quickly engrossing film that follows the lives of three boys in rural Belgium from one calamity to the next.

3. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Giants

Absolutely beautiful cinematography. Such grounded performances from the young cast. Like a gritty coming-of-age tale, this movie gives us no easy answers to life's struggles. It does leave us with a well-earned bit of hope however.

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Giants

I fucking love these kids. Probably that's the point. A sweet and sad and surreal little indie. A bit twee at parts, in presentation, but inevitably followed by something you can't help grinning at, not long after. Easy; the sort of film that does the work for you. Super-watchable mid-week fare.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film The Giants

David Lynch does "Stand By Me". Something like that. Impressive performances.

6. Kamran's rating of the film The Giants

Typical festival fare under the category for contemporary youth. An average French indie with a good soundtrack. 70/100 - Good.

7. Honeychurch's rating of the film The Giants

full disclosure: maybe this would have been better if i hadn't watched it on a plane on my iPad.

8. Carambotti's rating of the film The Giants

Teenage boys being boys, but with some legit struggles.

9. between7skies's rating of the film The Giants

I couldn't but think of the russian film "The Retrun", throughout the film, where the first one soars, this one sinks!

10. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Giants

First of all, cut the sentimental, cliche soundtrack. This might easily have been a four or five star film but Lanners refuses to abandon himself to the pain of his own film. The storyline and plot are brutal, but we are protected from all that. At its best this is a heart-wrenching coming of age film that flirts with a charismatic, young tough trying to deal with his budding trans/queer desires in a phobic world.

11. myrstd@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Giants

Powerful and sensitive. Amazing young actors.

12. Test's rating of the film The Giants

13. Onbestendig's rating of the film The Giants

14. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film The Giants

Sulla scia di un cinema che segue gli adolescenti in un momento di passaggio, banale magari ma cmq decisivo, Lanners racconta la storia di tre amici nel Belgio di oggi. Genitori asssenti, istituzioni invisibili, nessuna rete sociale, ma solo alcuni individui che si pongono sul "sentiero della vita". L'amicizia verrà posta davanti a tutto. Fotografia e COLONNA SONORA belli. Invisibile ma godibile

15. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film The Giants

If Stand By Me met Mean Creek by the campfire, The Giants could be the story Gordie would have told. That said, it is movingly understated in its own way, well-acted and it never falls into the "issue movie" trap. Lanners captures the moments where kids are just being kids, and where they are forced to act beyond their years, with the respect and precision of a Rob Reiner.

16. Ezgi M's rating of the film The Giants

why you should stay with your parents until 18 unless u really want to be fucked up

17. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film The Giants

reminded me of "stand by me" too.one of the best things I saw in the festival.beautiful beautiful ending.and really great soundtrack.

18. David Slotema's rating of the film The Giants

Wonderful movie that made me grin and laugh throughout the whole movie. It felt like the memory of my own childhood even though my childhood was nothing like this. He said himself this movie was meant as a fairytale, but it's scary how close it comes to reality..

19. bresler's rating of the film The Giants

Stand By Me meets John Hughes in France. Beautiful.

20. Matt Richards's rating of the film The Giants

New project from the playful and pathos driven Actor/Director Bouli. This one sits in that time of carefree youth, weed, mischief and friendship in the great outdoors. Only things are not all that rosy in this world and Bouli brings his trademark black wit with the disabled, beat-downs, drug dealers and a great peroxide driven visual gag. The only thing missing from this film is Lanners himself. 3.5 stars