1. Thomas's rating of the film The Gift

Nice to see an effective thriller directed in such a subtle unshowy way.

2. chicajomles's rating of the film The Gift

Some 'Old Boy' flavor here: high school is never over. I wonder: if we could travel to the past and spy the people we love, will still love them?

3. Sefer Taslı Sapık's rating of the film The Gift

There are currently 13 ''the gift'' movies in MUBI and i can't believe that i chose the most bullshittiest one ever :((((

4. FCC 86's rating of the film The Gift

"You're done with the past, but the past is not done with you"

5. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Gift

The Gift is an ambitious one-point perspective narrative that is really a three-perspective one. I commend Edgerton's effort, but the odd shift towards the end is less-than-effective. Still, the trio of leading actors is extremely compelling, and Bateman once again shows how wonderfully machiavelic he can be. I look forward to Edgerton's next directorial effort.

6. Z's rating of the film The Gift

A hateful, cold film about despicable people treating each other terribly. The most credit I can give it is that it was not predictable. I was surprised at some of the narrative twists and turns, but the overall feeling of the work is creepily cruel. I suppose plot mechanics will be enough for some, I was not invested in the characters or the story. Jason Bateman's callow jerk is beyond off putting and repugnant.

7. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film The Gift

It has some similarities with Jaume Balaguero's Sleep Tight. Because of that i saw what was coming. Anyway, it's ok!

8. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film The Gift

9. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Gift

10. rksw's rating of the film The Gift

what goes around comes around.. see kids. Dont be a bully. it's a vicious circle and a trap.

11. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film The Gift

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2016/03/18/el-reglalo-the-gift-joel-edgerton/

12. Rodrigo Morais's rating of the film The Gift

13. Louis Robert's rating of the film The Gift

J'imaginais un thriller/horreur basic du voisin weird qui s'introduit dans la vie du beau ptit couple, mais l'histoire se développe beaucoup plus que mes attentes! Le doute est omniprésent, le film m'a laissé agréablement surpris.

14. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Gift

Atmosfere molto buone, che caratterizzano bene le scene e danno il giusto pathos. Narrazione scorrevole e lineare, ma interessante. Le svolte narrative sono gestite bene, anche se non tutte inaspettate. Calo eccessivo di ritmo nella parte centrale. Bella la parte finale, la quale tira bene le fila del racconto. Buona tecnica che costruisce un bell'intreccio, con personaggi riusciti. Belle ambientazioni ben sfruttate

15. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Gift

I hate this kind of bourgeois filmmaking. No value added to the cinematic canon, just the same stupid middle-class tropes being recycled.

16. Mcpeer's rating of the film The Gift

One of the better Blumhouse productions in recent memory. THE GIFT greatly benefits from great performances by the three main leads - in particular Rebecca Hall who shines in every moment she graces the screen. Joel Edgerton proves himself a worthy director with vision, but not so much as a screenwriter. While there is a solid foundation and wonderfully spine to work off of, too many contrivances muddle this down.

17. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Gift

I hope shallow, high achieving couples know what they're in for as they rush to get married at around the age of 30 to people whom they don't even like.

18. BernLima's rating of the film The Gift

19. Bertirima's rating of the film The Gift

20. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Gift

21. João R's rating of the film The Gift

It starts average, gains some compusture and then it downgrades until its plot twist that, ultimately, feels rushed and unsatisfying due to the uncertainty of its consequences. More important, it's that it's embarrassing to watch the unintentional but inevitable female protagonist (Rebecca Hall) being used as a mere vehicle to the cliffhanger.

22. HenriqueA's rating of the film The Gift

A little bit too on the nose and long, but goddamnit if it wasn't chilling and fucked up enough for me to enjoy it. One of those films that just makes you feel really bad for everyone, heroes and villains. Joel Edgerton might just have a bright future behind the cameras.

23. MXN BWN's rating of the film The Gift

Definitely had the ick-factor!

24. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film The Gift

This movie kept me entertained the whole way through, which is rare these days.

← Previous 1 3 4 5