1. Andre's rating of the film The Gingerbread Man

Falls apart at the end, and wastes a lot of potential, but the first two thirds are grisly fun, with a lot of neat Altman - esque touches. See it if you like overccoked Southern Gothic, or want to see the most original of American directors on well-behaved form. Not recommended for cat - lovers.

2. grotesc's rating of the film The Gingerbread Man

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Gingerbread Man

Quelques faiblesses dans un scénario que le cinéaste n'est pas parvenu à gérer. Une légère mais tenace déception, malgré quelques moments efficaces bienvenus... www.cinefiches.com

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Gingerbread Man

Some nice opening sequences with great Altman texture-- but once the Grisham plot kicks in, snoozeville.

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Gingerbread Man

I saw this film when it was theatrically released and liked it at the time. Now, 14 years later, I wonder why. Because, apart of the lightning that creates a modern fairy tale mood (Red Riding Hood, the ogre, etc...), the film is a disappointment. Man changes. Everything is relative. Amen. Already forgotten.

6. Jonathan C.'s rating of the film The Gingerbread Man

Even if a movie just sort of works and tells me a story I'd like to hear without being all that great, I'm typically down to like it. But I felt like this movie didn't work all that well. Grisham writes stories that tight direction, and while someone like Altman might make things more interesting by opening that kind story up, I didn't like his attempts here. Ebert liked it. I don't know. Didn't work for me.

7. your fiend mr. jones's rating of the film The Gingerbread Man

As "The Stranger" was for Orson Welles, so "The Gingerbread Man" was for Robert Altman- a film to show that he could playball-ish with Hollywood.