1. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

A claustrophobic homage to Hugo with a dash of Rohmer. Mahler's Fifth plays a huge role here, and it fills Michel's tiny apartment so beautifully. This is elegiac filmmaking, sorrowful and nostalgic but also dense and spiritual. And it all works so well together, despite how you might suspect a "guy writes polemic about religion and philosophy" movie would turn out.

2. Superfrog's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

Hits the spot in really funny ways, like a wink from a future which also looks like the past. First seen at a time when I was visited by a not completely dissimilar character.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

4. -REM-'s rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

5. paxy's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

6. anarresti's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

Was unable to see it 'till the end. There's all sorts of things going wrong in this movie. The dull performances, the uneventful and meaningless dialogues, the scenes with no carisma. Hard to watch.

7. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

“The Girl From Nowhere” was never capable to achieve successfully its artistic pretensions, losing itself in devised conversations given in literate, philosophical, or nostalgic forms. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-girl-from-nowhere-2012.html

8. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

★★★★ the beautiful struggle between scepticism and the ghostly faith in life.

9. Ostermyers's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

10. roujin's rating of the film The Girl from Nowhere

Reminds me a lot of Oliveira's STRANGE CASE OF ANGELICA and Garrel's FRONTIER OF DAWN, which I think is the same thing I said about the last Brisseau I watched.