1. Liam Peters's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

Frustratingly awful follow-up to the really great The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, this second film adaptation suffers from an overwrought and underwritten screenplay. Rapace is again quite fine but she's let down by poor character development within the realms of the subsidiary players and a real lack of understanding when it comes to filming for the big screen. A significant step backwards for this franchise.

2. Pouya G. Asadi's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

Finally going to see this today

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

Interesting production about a girl who wants to kill her father. Lisbeth will finally understand that she has to be born again to do so. A DVD zone Day for Night.

4. Nutter Jr's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

A great production for a masterful thriller full of twists and gripping suspense. Rapace and Nyqvist act as if the roles had been made for them and just leaves wanting to see more of this (luckily there is one more).

5. pjjrfan's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

I like this girl. She is fascinating to watch, and in both movies she is the driving force that made me enjoy them both. Can't wait for the third part.

6. AlexanderKR's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

well made technically and good acting. not much else here for me though.

7. alistaire's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

@Garry, it was made as for TV, as well (miniseries, not full on show, I believe), with the same people. And as for Wallander, I always found the British accents in the Swedish environment disconcerting. I guess I've just watched too much Swedish cinema...

8. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

Stieg Larsson’s second novel in his Millennium trilogy is an improvement on the first, but unfortunately this adaptation is just as tepid as the first film. It’s a stylish effort, with a strong central performance by Noomi Rapace and some nice slick cinematography by Peter Mokrosinski, but the plot is muddled and the characters underworked. Watchable, but like the first film in the series, nothing special.

9. Garry Eunson's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

I've become a bit of a latecomer to the Millenim franchise. I enjoyed this film better than the first one. Which makes me think this would work better as a TV series (as Wallender series). Lisbeth Salander is a great charactor while Blomkvist is weak. As gripping as this film was at moments, the problem is that Alfredson loves the novel to much to turn this into a great film. I will watch the third film.

10. Christine Lai's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

This one is better than the first....more griping and dramatic! The first one is too condensed!!

11. Benzu's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

loved it once again ...i will be getting the trilogy on bluray....

12. tinch's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

A twisty and twisted continuation of the Salander/Blomkvist saga. Noomi is Salander.

13. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

I don't get it. This movie is suspense-free, stolid, turgid, beyond boring. I have not read the novel(s), but, as a cinematographic text, "The Girl Who Played With Fire" fails miserably.

14. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

Less sensationally lurid than its predecessor, but still little more than an overripe potboiler.

15. HEDONIST's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

Indeed, in contrasting this film with its predecessor, the change in style is apparent in the first few minutes of the film. Namely, the lighting is not as dark and the cinematography is not as crisp, lush and thoughtfully presented. [imho] Yet, overall, I must say I think the film is quite a good watch and furthermore, I find it quite faithful to the narrative initially presented in the series' first installment.

16. Hazel Cills's rating of the film The Girl Who Played with Fire

Although not nearly as good as the first one, this movie was really action packed and interesting. If you are like me and you enjoy seeing Lisbeth Salander torture and murder rapists/misogynists then you will love this!!!

2 Next →