1. Ghostman's rating of the film The Go-Between

The Go-Between is a haunting picture that is superbly crafted. Directed by American blacklisted filmmaker Joseph Losey & written by the renowned Harold Pinter, The Go-Between involves a young teenager, in the summer of 1900 England vacationing with a school friend's rich family, becomes involved as a 'go-between' messenger in an affair between a wealthy & beautiful engaged woman & a working class farmer. [cont.]

2. Seesaw's rating of the film The Go-Between

The tale of messenger of secret and promise is played by the great vision of Joseph Losey. Deepness of the film is filled with hearts and precision.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Go-Between

Construit sur le schéma du retour en arrière, une œuvre souvent admirable, pleine de finesse et de sensibilité, fort justement primée au festival de Cannes 1971 par la Palme d'Or... www.cinefiches.com

4. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Go-Between

A pretty pastoral, intelligently filmed and performed. Losey, so uneven in many respects, deploys a deft touch.

5. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Go-Between

6. Des Horne's rating of the film The Go-Between

I'm not a big fan. But it gets extra points for the fugue and Pinter's dialogue for Alan Bates.

7. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film The Go-Between

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Go-Between

Just another bland period piece.

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Go-Between

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1OT

10. Umberto L.'s rating of the film The Go-Between

The more I explore his films, the more I am convinced that the greatest English director/auteur of all-time was the US-born Joseph Losey: capable of making 'English' films with style and pace, and free from their typical flaws (national pride, Shakespearian acting, tedious scripts)

11. Terri Wise's rating of the film The Go-Between

This is a faithful adaptation of a great book.

12. StevO's rating of the film The Go-Between

The movie succeeds excellently in describing the Victorian Era, still IMHO it's a shame this movie has won the highest award in Cannes 1971 rather than Loves of Blonde by M Forman

13. lauli's rating of the film The Go-Between

A very nice film, though it falls a bit short of the novel, which is just wonderful.

14. Taste of Tea's rating of the film The Go-Between

FANTASTIC CAST, MUSIC, SCRIPT

15. pixienat's rating of the film The Go-Between

Two years in a row I am Julie Christie for Halloween. SUP

16. Pit Maravich's rating of the film The Go-Between

grant and robert are fans of this one

17. Jugend21's rating of the film The Go-Between

18. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Go-Between

The crown jewel in the Losey/Pinter canon