1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Many people saw this as a showdown between Pacino and DeNiro. DeNiro went for a very understated take on the character, whereas Pacino was already ready to take a bite out of the scenery. I didn't necessarily see DeNiro as a young Godfather. Forget about those punks. The main reason to watch this movie is John Cazale.

2. Al Sampedro's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Worse than the original with the priceless Brando.

3. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Many qualities of the original remain (all the technical aspects, the visuals, soundtrack, acting, etc). My problem with it is that it fails to deliver two fully satisfying narratives. One feels a bit meandering in it's begining (Michael's storyline), while the other feels too short (Vito's). But besides that, this is hig4h quality filmmaking at its finest. I definitely want to rewatch it

4. gld48's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

(saw previously) I prefer this to the original but I've never enjoyed DeNiro's part. Except when he's waving Michael's little hand on the train at the end. Pacino's best performance for me

5. Bob's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Saga continuation that manages to keep up with the bar that was set so high by the original - and it's also expanded from origins to downfall, as a mirror between generational alienations and degradation of values. Which leads to conclusion that brings one of the saddest endings in a movie history, leaving unerasable trace worthy of original's legacy.

6. F-BOMB's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Godfather self-evidently resonates with my sentimentalities; it is obvious perfection. In contrast, my appreciation for Godfather II is a lot drier, more technical. It makes sense that Ebert et al. who revisited this movie in later years had a complete turnabout of opinion – I hope in my life that I will not go through the experiences that could make me, too, better able to relate to this work on its emotional terms.

7. La Boracherie's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

8. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

9. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

10. Adri Azhari's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

11. jeanlice's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

12. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Still my second favourite movie of all time.

13. Cinemabust's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

14. Peter P. Peters's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

no, this isn't better than the first one

15. Dalibor's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

It is a rare treat to find a film sequel which not only manages to keep the momentum of it's predecessor but significantly builds up the overall story while offering a convincing novelty to the narrative. Part II is a more dramatic take discussing family within the Family and giving the trilogy an authentic historical background.

16. mac le mac's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

17. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

18. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

A very convincing sequel of the previous episode. Love how they put the early life of Vito Corleone in contrast with the present life of his son, Michael Corleone; Vito's a story of success, Michael's a fall.

19. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Is there anything left to be said about this film? I suppose I can just reaffirm somethings that have already been said a million times. All of the performances from Al Pacino to Talia Shire are amazing. This is just such a well made film! Coppola out does himself here and if it weren't for The Conversation this would be his best film to date.

20. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Superior to the original film because of the masterful mood and tone in the sequences of Vito Corleone's childhood, adolescence, and young adult years (superbly portrayed with complexity by De Niro). The rest of the film pales in comparison. Coppola achieved his greatest filmmaking (apart from Apocalypse Now) in the story of Vito's life. However, its lasting weakness is that it was not released as a separate film.

21. Alberto Marcello's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

22. Star Lord's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

Il padrino 2. Bel film ma non lo rivedrei spesso.

23. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

24. Igor Ramos's rating of the film The Godfather: Part II

I enjoyed Part I the better, as I struggled a bit to keep track of all the secondary characters in this one... most of the time Vito's origin story felt more engaging than Michael's conspiracy surrounding the family's business in Las Vegas. His fight with Kay was pretty memorable, though. The film was exquisitely produced and looks ravishing, just like the original does.