1. Andrew Lang's rating of the film The Godfather

The definitive cinematic work on how man descends to evil. As Renoir said, "In this world, there is one awful thing, and that is that everyone has his reasons."

2. Ben Nash's rating of the film The Godfather

Vastly overrated, yes, but still a rollicking good time.

3. Ryan Melvin's rating of the film The Godfather

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Godfather

I've gotten sick of the Godfather movies. I realize I shouldn't be reviewing them, but sometimes that's what happens to a movie that is talked about too much. I'm just sick of the glamorization of gangsters. I didn't watch 'The Sopranos', and I refuse to watch 'Narcos'.

5. magytavares's rating of the film The Godfather

6. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Godfather

I love this movie. But my memories of grainy VHS knock it down a peg or two. I'd love to see it in full HD, with its autumnal colours and slow mobster expressions. I'm sure it would be more of a masterpiece.

7. gld48's rating of the film The Godfather

(saw previously) it'll never be topped

8. Bob's rating of the film The Godfather

Probably the greatest american epic ever filmed. Sophisticated style presented in a very brutal manner creates uniqueness that couldn't be duplicated by any other director. Lifetime story is crowned with among the greatest performances ever - and like a fine wine, it gets better with each repeated viewing. Rota's score and Brando's Vito Corleone are one of few eternal icons of motion picture inheritance.

9. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Godfather

10. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film The Godfather

An all-timer. As much as it is a cliché to say so, this movie is a masterpiece. The dialog, the editing, the soundtrack, the cinematography, everything comes together to make something truly unforgetable

11. Faizal Agusdin's rating of the film The Godfather

12. Disa's rating of the film The Godfather

13. cuttofences's rating of the film The Godfather

Behind the innocence and purity of civility are years of corruption, rigging, and blood.

14. FISCHER's rating of the film The Godfather

Oeuvre solide, bien maîtrisée avec un Marlon Brando plus étonnant que jamais... www.cinefiches.com

15. jeanlice's rating of the film The Godfather

I still don't get the appeal of it. I'm surprised though that my opinion hasn't changed a bit over the last decade.

16. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film The Godfather

After countless rewatchings, this still is my favourite movie of all time.

17. Swamp Leech's rating of the film The Godfather

18. Cinemabust's rating of the film The Godfather

19. Freakyfilm's rating of the film The Godfather

20. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film The Godfather

Very few movies if any can measure up to the classic film The Godfather. This film centers around the Corleone family. One criticism of the movie is its slow pace. It is not necessarily a hard movie to follow but rather slow building. However the dialogue is very memorable. Even if you haven't seen this movie I would say you have heard the phrase "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"

21. João Portalegre's rating of the film The Godfather

(rewatched) it really sucks that I was really young when I watched it for the first time. I'd love to be able to see this for the first time again.

22. Peter P. Peters's rating of the film The Godfather

5/5, 10/10, 100%... nothing seems to be enough to illustrate how good this movie is

23. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film The Godfather

Un grand cru, un grand culte, c'est une offre qu'on ne peut pas refuser.

24. baztian's rating of the film The Godfather