1. Diderot's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

A beautiful and spare rumination on women, men, history, and capital. Sally Potter is criminally under-acknowledged.

2. mad.lucas's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

"I’m born in a beam of light, I move continuously yet I’m still. I’m larger than life, but yet do not breathe. Only in darkness am I visible. You can see me but never touch me. I can speak to you but never hear you. You know me intimately but I know you not at all. We are strangers and yet you take me inside of you. What am I?"

3. lohecn's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

this is a feminist master-piece.

4. nilbargures@gmail.com's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

5. msmichel's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

Fascinating first feature from Potter that established the themes and visually affecting images that would come into play in subsequent features. The script like the visual flair is experimental playing with historical cinematic imagery, the avant-garde, feminism, dance, gender roles and imperialism.Though not successful on release time has been kind to the film and its look and themes are now better appreciated.

6. sister chromatid's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

Lindsay Cooper's score might be my favourite part of this film, and is definitely worth noting. I expected that I would like this film very much, but there was something really contrived about it all. For lack of a better phrase, it felt "too artsy," without having the most connectable point. I'm indifferent.

7. ConallVision's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

This is a wonderful film about the oppression capitalism and patriarchy. And shows two women over-coming this oppression and being liberated.

8. bill's rating of the film The Gold Diggers

This is literally one of the most ridiculous films that I have ever seen! It makes no sense at all, it has no sensible form of any kind! A complete waste of time and resources!