1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Gold Rush

The scenes in the cabin - both in the beginning and the end - are pure Chaplin genius: a combination of physical comedy, wit, perfect staging and inventive usage of the surroundings. I wasn’t totally “in” with the love story, but I guess it’s needed for emotional aspects. I saw the film with live orchestration. The music composed by Chaplin himself (with Max Terr) for 1942 version really adds something to the film.

2. Ethan's rating of the film The Gold Rush

This is one of Chaplin's crowning achievements with some pretty impressive and hilarious gags that would become some of the most iconic in Chaplin's career.

3. yovargas's rating of the film The Gold Rush

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Autre chef-d'oeuvre de Chaplin avec quelques scènes mémorables, anthologiques ! www.cinefiches.com

5. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Very different from the films I'm used to. Refreshing.

6. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Stupendous visual comedy, with a special mention to the legendary bread-dancing routine. Watched the 1942 reissue with added narration and it wasn't long before I had to switch to the original silent 1925 version, which I highly recommend, even though the cut on the reissue is somewhat nicer to watch.

7. Corrado Agnello's rating of the film The Gold Rush

3.5 madonna no che fastidio la voce narrante

8. Aybige Tek's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Simplicity.Rawness again and again pure genius and gentle...

9. Cherry's rating of the film The Gold Rush

I meant to rate the silent version not the narrated THIS is brilliant

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Gold Rush

11. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Gold Rush

This film is so funny and yet also so poignant and sad at the same time. Wonderful, especially the scene when he keeps getting blown through the house by the snow storm.

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Gold Rush

The endearing little tramp gets wrapped up in the gold rush, as the title implies, and engages in the usual sorts of shenanigans he is bound to find himself wound up in. As thoroughly enjoyable and iconic as City Lights, but not quite reaching that films sentimental heights. Regardless, it is as funny and warm as that picture was, and possibly just as good in its own right.

13. James Mackin's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Five stars because Charlie Chaplin ate that fucking shoe.

14. Drew Weaver's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Falls just behind Modern Times and City Lights for me, but still an incredible movie. Personally got hung up on the resolution of the love story and Georgia character (though again, unfair to compare it to the ending with the blind girl and return to trampdom that occurs in so many of his other films). The dancing rolls might be an all time favorite scene. Highly recommend.

15. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Gold Rush

The narrative arc was stupendously applied to this 1920s version. Clearly ahead of his time conceptually as well as comedically.

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Gold Rush

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Gold Rush

18. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film The Gold Rush

You realise just how talented Chaplin was at communicating a message without words. Especially when you see how many of his jokes have developed into common tropes in cartoons and movies. Totally timeless.

19. HSBilly's rating of the film The Gold Rush

20. SiIencio's rating of the film The Gold Rush

The Tramp is arguably one of the handful all-time finest characters ever created for cinema. He is the perfect vehicle for Chaplin's humanistic sensibilities & slapstick comedy. In Gold Rush, tenderness & humility pave the way for this tramp among brutes blinded by bling bling. Some of Chaplin's most iconic sequences are filmed here in that crazy cabin on the hills. A masterpiece oozing with sheer craze & humanity.

21. Steven Dawson's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Brilliant, funny and touching - as with most Chaplin. I accidentally put in the DVD with the 1942 version on it, not realising it even existed. It totally kills the comedy timing and subtleties - a mistake I'll never make again!

22. Murat Erdem's rating of the film The Gold Rush

“Ben insanı inceledim, onu tanımadan mesleğimde hiçbir şey yapamazdım” demiş üstad. Bu söz onun sinematografisinin özeti aslında. Yine çok özel bir film daha izledim kendisinden. Ruhuna sağlık.

23. FunkyPanda11's rating of the film The Gold Rush

Chaplin brings history, greed, realism, and inferiority in such a comedic and poetic way that he made one of the greatest films ever.

24. Elise's rating of the film The Gold Rush