1. Ethan's rating of the film The Golden Coach

Anna Magnani is an absolute delight in this beautiful film.

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Golden Coach

A wonderful celebration of the spectacle!

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Golden Coach

Un classique du grand Renoir fastueux, mélodramatique et quelquefois pompeux... www.cinefiches.com

4. Histioteuthis's rating of the film The Golden Coach

I was much friendlier to this a second time, maybe I'm just in a weird emotional place and Anna Magnani, idk.

5. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Golden Coach

How graceless and charmless, how characterless and lusterless, how timid and tepid today's movies are! How second rate even the best of current filmmakers appear after one visits the old masters.

6. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Golden Coach

Charming and intelligent. Brilliant colours and brilliant sets. Count the opening and closing of all those doors...

7. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Golden Coach

While I admire it's theme of selflessness, my issue is that I never once believed the romance between Anna Magnani and any of her three lovers. The bullfighter and the her first lover left barely an impression and Don Antonio just felt like another jaded aristocrat character. Sadly, I also didn't think Anna herself was all that great as she was mostly mopey and rarely exuded a sense of passion for life and people.

8. Mike A's rating of the film The Golden Coach

Joyfully entropic, reordering itself within a grand design to accommodate the flux of human impulse. It uses the stage as a backdrop of stability with which to highlight the kinetic power of movies-a modern way of seeing that looks back in time, measuring what is transient and what is lasting in the way we look at each other. Might just be great enough to reconcile all the major paradoxes of art and life.

9. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Golden Coach

Let us not forget Magnani. There was never anyone like her before and there will never be anyone like her again. Also, Renoir is no slouch.

10. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Golden Coach

A trio of men are inexplicably drawn to actress Camilla. They woo. They court. There are moments of screwball comedy shenanigans. There is a message about social status and power tied up with the fate of a schmancy coach. (The opening and closing seem to be old school 3D. I don't think the theater where I saw the movie was aware of this so no glasses were offered and the projectionist kept trying to focus the film.)

11. A47's rating of the film The Golden Coach

"Actors, how shocking!" Visual splendor, vivacious storytelling and vivid emotion. All in glorious technicolor! A digestible social commentary about cultural boundaries wrapped in drama akin to the traveling troupe. The juxtaposition of visual design between shots is mesmerizing; each composition is layered, yet poignant -must be a genetic disposition. Allen and Almodovar took notes on this one, I'm sure.

12. Gylfi's rating of the film The Golden Coach

A complex masterpiece, masquerading as a light and comic period piece. Truffaut nails it when he called it "The noblest and most refined film ever made...a film about theatre in the theatre". I wish that "The Golden Coach" and Renoir's "The River" were as known as some of his earlier films, both are incredibly beautiful works of art.

13. chanandre's rating of the film The Golden Coach