1. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Good German

The LA LA LAND of its time -- skilled pastiche, well-made comfort food, not unenjoyable but entirely unadventurous and impossible to be truly excited by.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film The Good German

I dug the style, but the story never really grabbed me. I guess I wish Tobey Maguire was in it more.

3. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film The Good German

4. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Good German

Good intentions are in full force in this modern homage to classic film noir and the films of Michael Curtiz. But the great performances, flawless direction, and themes presented aren;t enough in a film that's brought down by its screenplay. Mildly entertaining (you can only take so much of Clooney being knocked down) that doesn't fully succeed.

5. Riccardo Maffioli's rating of the film The Good German

Con la fine che sembra Casablanca รจ un film quantomeno che fa vedere la Berlino subito dopo l'occupazione da parte degli Alleati. Per forza girato in bianco e nero per adattarlo agli spezzoni di film dell'epoca. Da vedere ma sena spendere soldi.

6. ramosbarajas's rating of the film The Good German

Politics are nothing more than the actions and desires of a few affecting millions. Overall, the plot is the weakest element (well, second weakest if you count Maguire's performance). It is a too confusing and convoluted development for simple answers. Technically, it is perfectly shot, and captures the mood of film noir very well. Blanchett's performance was great. She was born to be photographed in black and white!

7. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Good German

This is more than just a showcase for Soderbergh's obvious technical abilities; with the idea of juxtaposing an archaic form of filmmaking with the contemporary dramatic elements intended to exaggerate the brutality and emotional frailty of the central characters, in a way similar to what Scorsese did in New York, New York. A bit of a failed experiment perhaps, but I still found it interesting.

8. Juan Barquin's rating of the film The Good German

The first twenty five minutes (prior to the first character death) are uncomfortably edited - trapped between a longing to be a noir classic and a silent classic. Tobey's performance was less than pleasant and I have to admit that it broke into a better flow once he was out of the picture. But like many others say - although it had certain charm at times, this is a Soderbergh experiment that could have gone better.

9. SALESK's rating of the film The Good German

Certainly has its moments, but like much of Soderbergh's work, it's an experiment that doesn't totally gel.

10. auro's rating of the film The Good German

dull. simplistic plot. just an hommage to film noir.

11. fakebook (Tom)'s rating of the film The Good German

This movie picks up when Tobey Maguire gets killed off. If only all movies can begin with this premise.

12. Nancarrow's rating of the film The Good German

Throw away Soderbergh; easily missed.

13. Young Adult's rating of the film The Good German

Beautiful, yet flawed film. Someone I still got engrossed in it, despite some seemingly unnecessary plot points and logic.