1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Watching this amiss the glut of modern superhero films, it's quite striking how much this series has in common with the modern multiplex action film: cheeky one-liners, outrageous action scenes, heavy plotting over storytelling, dark superhero-like anti-heroes, even colorful villains. It shows commercial action films haven't changed as much as some claim, perhaps in setting only. Still better than its ilk, though.

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I hadn't watched this since high school, so I was eager to revisit it to see if it was more than just an exercise in movie cool. At first, I found it crueler than I remembered, a work of violent aestheticism without reflection. But as this epic goes on, the way that the nihilistic swagger of its gold-crazy trio bounces off scenes of men ruined by war achieves a peculiar rhyme. Hell, the finale is almost heartwarming.

3. gld48's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Saw a few years ago. It's amazing. Won't see it again for a long time.

4. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Sergio Leone, part 3. Definitely better than the two previous ones. At the age of 51 Eli Wallach is playing "the role" of his career; emazing performance. Also the supporting cast is doing better. But far away from being a masterpiece. However, we know Mr. Leone can do, will do much better; more to come: 1968, 1973 &1984. Solid entertainment.

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

One of those big movies that was, until recently, screaming “Watch Me!” from the bountiful pile of films I have somehow failed to see yet. I’m left afterwards with amazement at the technical ability of the film, which is, in it’s look and feel, shockingly ahead of it’s time. Other than that, I feel mostly disappointed. I guess high expectations will do that for ya.

6. angeldromero's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Extra delightful, after learning the sociopolitical context of Spaghetti Westerns - as an adult - to realize that my childhood exposure to Americana was stacked with so much beautiful subversion. Well played, Leone et al.! As if I needed more reasons to love this... Such a sucker for this aesthetic (the framing; the close-ups; the score!!) File under: Top 20 Movies I'll Never Tire of Watching.

8. Sebas Castro's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

9. Gusti Senpai's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

De las mejores películas que vi en mi vida. Es un obra maestra de principio a fin. La escenas en las que no hay dialogo son una delicia, ni hablar de la banda sonora que la acompaña hecho por el genio compositor Ennio Morricone.

10. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

11. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

the finale is classicCcc cinemaaaa

12. dakotah's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Every shot could be paused on. The compositions are incredible. A film with minimal dialogue and incredible characters.

13. bonucci's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

just one of those classics that you should not miss.

14. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Our Daily Free Stream: Sergio Leone - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Eine gewaltige Leere, so eröffnet sich die Landschaft vor uns. Ganz langsam kreist die Kamera, hält schliesslich inne(...) Die Landschaft war nicht gänzlich verlassen, sondern besetzt durch einen Desperado. Mit dieser ersten Szene eröffnet uns Sergio Leone seine Technik und die wird er beibehalten: Unser Blick ist begrenzt durch den Bildrand.(...)

15. First Lady Dré's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

16. Cristián Gómez's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

17. B L A N C H E's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

18. dyinguniverse's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

19. diamondwithnoshine's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

If there was ever a perfect western movie, this is it.

20. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

21. Renton47's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

All around humans are fighting a big war of ideals and values, but in between a few rogue units are epitomising the true nature of the West's pursuits; riches for one's self at the hindrance of no-one. A grand Western but a little less focused than its predecessor - I get a little more exhausted every time someone encounters the soldiers. Van Cleef has the strongest presence but this belongs to Wallach's feral turn.

22. Vincent T's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

rated from memory. Although I remember rewatching the opening and finding it very cheesy. Not sure how I would feel rewatching the whole thing.

23. riceball's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Couldn't help but grin non-stop at the "Ecstasy of Gold" scene...what an amazing cinematic experience.

24. Dalibor's rating of the film The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

After mastering action oriented exaggerations of the West, and settling for something a lot more personal in "Once Upon's..." - this happened. It is either a clever mix of both, or just an intermezzo for introduction of future ideas whilst keeping the style recognizable. With a lot more effort going into detailing of the (historical) context and it's protagonists, story seems to lose it's overall complexity.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7