1. 2multo's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

For any film buff the title alone automatically brings this South Korean film into the Spaghetti Western milieu of good guy versus bad guy archetypes. And that is exactly what this film is. Add the Tarantino incarnations to the genre and you get closer to what Kim Jee-woon has done with this original take. A fun time adventuresly well spent. Leone, Eastwood, and Tarantino would be proud!

2. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

This film does so many different things and it does all of them better than most films that only try to do one of those things. Lee Byung-hun is the coolest man on the planet. Jung Woo-sung is so perfectly collected and stoic. Song Kang-ho is an eclectic mess in the most deliberate and beautiful way. I could watch this again right away.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

If you are an adolescent male or a “concept artist” you are guaranteed the following: a boner before the first shot ends, multiple orgasms before the credits roll, and a week of wet dreams.

4. Shahriar Khan's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

Super fun. Almost always fresh and funny and when derivative, done with dash and panache.

5. jmsantosv's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

An overall great time with a few hiccups here and there. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for something new out of the Spaghetti Western genre

6. gfxalchemist's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

This is an over the top western which works in so many ways. The cinematography and stunts are fantastic. I definitely characterize this as a comic which is visualized on the screen.

7. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

Everybody had amazingly good teeth for 1930s China!

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

Song Kang-Ho is clearly the star. The first half is good, but then it drags and loses steam.

9. tinderness's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

Nicht mehr als eine asiatische Version des plattgefilmten Westerngenre. Vermag mich nur mäßig zu begeistern und wird bald vergessen sein.

10. pluviosity's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

The story was simple, but the bad structure just muddle it all away, removing the focus with gratuitous action scenes and violence. Gimmicks could be stupid fun, like in Bunraku, but this is just plain, useless, and empty, leading to a super tired film.

11. Aaron Lubitsky's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

This movie is filled with extremely entertaining characters, action scenes, and comedy. The story is interesting and engaging, and the characters are very well developed and likable. This film does a good job of parodying the Western genre and making it enjoyable to watch.

12. ejonline's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

What happens when a movie isn't as good as you expected it to be? Do you end up being more critical than you would have been if you had gone in with no expectations? I think I was expecting a four (using the language and template we are somewhat stuck with here), and I gave it a two. Would I have given it a three if I had no expectations? At times like this I'm not sure why we still play the number of stars game.

13. sugarbeard's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

A happy romp across high desert plains full of cowboy banditry and kungfu hustle. Add the occasional motorcycle to keep you guessing which century we're in.

14. Kelly Costello's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

I wasn't quite sure what to expect going into this film but I was pleased almost entirely through it. I'm not one for western type films but this one was different. The characters were funny and unique but didn't ever really develop through out the film. I also really enjoyed the colors used through out the movie and it's soundtrack is perfectly fitting as well. Overall, The Good, The Bad, The Weird was pretty good.

15. Ralph Rizzuto's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

An immensely entertaining movie with some amazing shootout scenes and hilarious character dynamics. Jee-woon's take on the Western genre is very refreshing, and the Japanese-occupied, 1930s Manchuria setting makes for the perfect setting. The only major criticism I have of the film is that I wish Do-won, Chang-yi, and Tae-goo had a bit more characterization and backstory. Nonetheless a great film.

16. Daniel Lubitsky's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

A fun and fast paced action western that follows different party of people looking for treasure. The movie wastes no time getting to the story and uses it as a device to have exciting and well shot fight scenes that parody old adventure movies. The characters are fun to watch but feature no development, but they all come together in a huge climax that ties it all together very well.

17. Troy Herscovici's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

Don't go into this movie expecting an Oscar worthy story. This movie doesn't have much of a plot but that doesn't mean its not a great movie. Its basically just one really long action scene with weird and unique characters thrown in. At times it seems like a western but with modern vehicles and at other times it seems like its some sort of medieval movie with characters fighting with swords. Its really weird. See it.

18. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

19. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

20. mpho3's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

"Life is chasing and being chased." - Park Do-won aka "The Good". A simple plot married with style for days, bullets by the bucket load, finely tuned continuous shots, sparking dialogue, charismatic actors, lush cinematography, a genuine Spaghetti Western score, a hefty dose of humor and a pinch of historico-cultural backdrop - what fun!

21. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

22. burning_chrome's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

occasionally beautiful cinematography, especially the mad max-esque chase through the desert scene but very unambitious otherwise

23. chiathirdeye's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

24. James Mackin's rating of the film The Good, the Bad, the Weird

More fun than good, a Manchurian western.

← Previous 1 3 4