1. fane2808's rating of the film The Grandmaster

Visually stunning, poetic (on the haiku side) most of the time, a story about unrequited love within history turmoils. Actors fragile as porcelain dolls, while strong as steel wires tensed to the max. Enjoyable to watch and re-watch, especially for people like me (no fan of kung fu movies).

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Grandmaster

At first - I thought THE GRANDMASTER would be like any other movie about martial arts. But I forgot this is Wong Kar-Wai's movie. THE GRANDMASTER is a unique movie. This movie has non-linear storyline. Quite unusual for this genre. There's a story about Ip Man. I think - it's not a direct biography about him. I really loved the fighting sequences. Watching that scene is like hearing someone reading a beautiful poem..

3. andra's rating of the film The Grandmaster

haven't seen the full cut, though

4. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Grandmaster

In the mood for kung-fu. (Low rating probably due to American cut of the film.)

5. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Grandmaster

Tasty visuals but bland in every other department.

6. Joaquín Font's rating of the film The Grandmaster

Tiene grandes momentos de poesía

7. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Grandmaster

La vita di Ip Man viene narrata molto bene con un racconto un po' spezzettato, ma efficace. Finale poco potente, ma comunque buono. Bei combattimenti con una buona costruzione, ben dosati nel racconto, che ha come centro il rapporto fra il protagonista e la società.La regia e la fotografia danno un tono molto poetico alle scene, creando una storia visivamente interessante.Personaggi molto affascinanti e ben costruiti

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Grandmaster

..2016 FILMOTV du grand art !....

9. Chris's rating of the film The Grandmaster

pretty shots and some good one-liners couldn't save this disjointed mess of a story (I saw the 108-minute cut) :\ 5/10

10. Hao Yu's rating of the film The Grandmaster

11. v i k t o r's rating of the film The Grandmaster

12. ammar's rating of the film The Grandmaster

13. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Grandmaster

Not a classic Wong Kar Wei movie but a vast improvement on the Nora Jones travesty.

14. Egoisms's rating of the film The Grandmaster

Beautiful, but vapid. Absolutely atrocious storytelling.

15. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film The Grandmaster

16. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Grandmaster

Wong Kar-Wai delivers yet another beautifully shot film; the action was exceptional, but the plot was a bit sporadic and hard to follow.

17. nocode1979's rating of the film The Grandmaster

18. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Grandmaster

19. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film The Grandmaster

Style over substance, which doesn't matter in this case. The characters left me cold & the narrative is dubious, but it's still a pleasure to view.

20. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film The Grandmaster

I don't need to learn mandarin to know that Ipman is more powerful than yoda.

21. bieup's rating of the film The Grandmaster

his direction ain't meant for the choreography.

22. Hannah Seitz's rating of the film The Grandmaster

this was very dialogue heavy for a wkw film and I don't think it worked so well. I liked some of the action but a lot of the movie looked like a life magazine spread. idk if this kind of movie is his thing but tony leung looked great

23. JK's rating of the film The Grandmaster