1. English Dodo's rating of the film The Grapes of Death

A bit of spookiness, a few suspenseful scenes, and a breathtakingly atmospheric landscape littered with stone houses and stairways. The first half of the film is more engrossing than the second, particularly Élisabeth's plight from the train to Lucie's village. Some odd editing, poor makeup effects, and a soundtrack that at times works and at times is downright awkward mar the film. Not Rollin's best effort.

2. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Grapes of Death

In euro-trash cinema and contrary to directors such as Jesus Franco or Paul Naschy, Jean Rollin can sometimes provide more than B-grade movies thanks to an alluring poetical onirism. This movie is partly dull but saved by a few tremendous aesthetic sequences and a bizarre atmosphere in the foggy French countryside. Not among the best on the atomic zombie thematic but enjoyable.

3. bencor's rating of the film The Grapes of Death

ratm-the ghost of tom joad https://youtu.be/iqnMrynpq9U

4. Ostermyers's rating of the film The Grapes of Death

Hum...yeah...I need to stop watching Rollin instead of sleeping. Because I can't handle all the film...Even if it's a good one.

5. nrh's rating of the film The Grapes of Death

Four stars for peculiar rhythm, for tone, for the (incredibly off-putting) score, for the landscape, for everything. Not the kind of film you ought to set your clock by, but the kind of film that will straight up clean your palette. Maybe the only Rollin film (except the proto-Cronenberg "Night of the Hunted"?) that can actually ground you.

6. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The Grapes of Death

A serene euro-trash beautiful locales horror flick? Hell, I fucking fancied the shit out of it! This is one of Rollin's better made movies. The score that creaks in is killer. I know that Terrance Malick was inspired by this movie to make Tree of Life. This claim isn't base on any fact or reason but is still truth!

7. Cacophonism's rating of the film The Grapes of Death

Only 3 stars because it was a bit anti-climactic for my taste. I guess I should have put more credence into the "low key" nature mentioned in the synopsis.