1. carlosleite's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

"Because we're the people" splendid, a necessary movie.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Une famille de fermiers de l'Oklahoma est "chassée" de sa région par le chômage et la mécanisation, lors de la terrible Dépression. Elle tente de faire fortune en Californie, le pays mythique par excellence, mais en fait l'Eldorado du pauvre ..... Sublime ! www.cinefiches.com

3. dordairobert's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Really a fine film, and probably the best this novel could have been adapted at the time given the censorship standards and limitations of the time. Fonda is great, Toland's camerawork adds to his legend, and Ford cements his own reputation with yet another incredibly solid film. I am deducting half a star for the hokey ending speech, otherwise probably one of the 3 best films of 1940. 4.5 stars

5. Aardsy's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Now I can take my 11th grade English midterm.

6. -REM-'s rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

7. samuele90's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

"Mi chiamo John Ford e faccio western" Sì, stocazzo.

8. FAKE_001's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

9. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Fairly straight adaptation of the book which doesn't really have anything further to add to one of the most miserable stories ever written

10. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

having just read the book, i got a hard time watching it with the right eyes for a cinematic work. the book is so powerfull that everything else about it would lack it. and so it is a john ford movie, tied narrative, great cinematography, and so it works perfectly as a john ford movie. one can only regret that it leaves us without that book's ending. oh, that ending...

11. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

12. elif jazel's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

13. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

It looks great, and I give it one more star for that reason, but Henry Fonda's stale, and this in no way does justice to its source material. Even for a 1940s Hollywood movie, this thing is SAFE. John Ford said, "Hey guys, this is a great book, except for all the memorable, gritty parts; can we make it as generic and forgettable as possible, please?" I mean, where's the grit?! And Rosasharn's just not there.

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Some Hollywood touches here (a problem in the source novel as well), but I have to ask: Would a major studio attempt something like this now? Probably not.

15. André Pereira's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

16. Beatriz Ourique's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Des 2000 et quelques films que j'ai vu, j'en considère 32 comme étant "parfaits". Il en fait parti.

18. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

excellent film, avoir absolument !

19. aikeart's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Todo cuanto ahora... muy actual en su historia social y en trasfondo de autoencuentro de cada personaje.

20. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

21. film_lies101's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

22. Blumes's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

23. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

24. alcools's rating of the film The Grapes of Wrath

Goin' down the road feelin' bad.