1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film The Great Escape

2. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film The Great Escape

Everything about The Great Escape oozes entertainment & excellence. For a start it may well have the best cast ever assembled; Attenborough, McQueen, Garner, Coburn, Bronson, Pleasence, etc! There's comedy, drama, suspense & a host of superb memorable characters involved. I really can't find any fault in The Great Escape, it's just a quality film from start to finish. They certainly don't make 'em like this anymore!

3. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Great Escape

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Great Escape

Lots of really good British actors, and a couple of good American ones, trying to escape from a WWII POW camp. I dig it.

5. ammar's rating of the film The Great Escape

6. Ethan's rating of the film The Great Escape

One of the most entertaining war films ever made. This ensemble cast is great as they try to escape a Nazi POW camp. Steve McQueen is at the height of his badass as he eludes Nazis on a motorcycle and throws a baseball against the wall of the hole not giving any fucks.

7. yovargas's rating of the film The Great Escape

I guess "The Decent, Mostly Okaish, Kinda Average-ish Escape" isn't as good a title. C

8. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Great Escape

Doesn't quite stand the test of time. Somewhere in this movie there is a David Lean film that wants to get out. McQueen is not very convincing in this, his part is strangely unappealing. Despite the half tragic ending most of the time it comes across as if being a POW in Germany must have been tremendous fun.

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Great Escape

Great, and one of McQueen's most memorable performances. Prefer Bullitt, but this one is close

10. Muraki's rating of the film The Great Escape

11. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Great Escape

Some great filmmaking by Sturges throughout, but considering what we know about WWII, the Nazis seemed too lenient and unrealistically incapable in containing possible escapes. It could have been a masterpiece. Instead, it's a solid piece of entertainment.

12. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Great Escape

I prefer Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

13. Luca Taurini's rating of the film The Great Escape

Un cult che meriterebbe di essere visto da tutti almeno una volta, con un McQueen ai massimi livelli.

14. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Great Escape

Sort of a cross between a caper movie and a war movie. Lots of planning and procedure during which we get to know the characters. Once the escape takes place we follow the fates of various characters as they succeed or fail in fulfilling their plans. A modern version of THE GREAT ESCAPE would undoubtedly be an all-out action movie. THE GREAT ESCAPE itself is a drama which http://letterboxd.com/mharbour/films/diary/

15. emichan's rating of the film The Great Escape

Steve McQueen as Hilts the Cooler King

16. mnovaes's rating of the film The Great Escape

Mesmo presos eles parecem sacar mais desse negócio de aproveitar a vida e camaradagem que quase todo mundo que eu conheço. : /

17. msmichel's rating of the film The Great Escape

Once considered one of the great action films but very slow by today's standards. Performances vary greatly in quality and the storyline had been done better previously and again later. Attenborough very good here. Berstein music is so reminscient of 'Bridge on the River Kwai' to be considered duplicated in nature. A film that seems to lose its power with each viewing much like the work of McQueen in general.

18. Ryan Michaels's rating of the film The Great Escape

No one really talks about how paradoxical the tone of this film is, which establishes the Nazis as soft officials receptive to a good prank and concludes with them systemically murdering fifty of the film's 'jolly' protagonists. I enjoy the film greatly, I just wanted to share the thought.

19. Mouad Lemoudden's rating of the film The Great Escape

Without being a masterpiece, The Great Escape is an example of Hollywood expertise in the field of epic film; great entertainment cinema but without major claim.

20. Bonny's rating of the film The Great Escape

21. christos1ngle's rating of the film The Great Escape

22. David M.K.'s rating of the film The Great Escape

The only WWII film in which I rooted for the Nazis. (Other than The Sound of Music, of course.)

23. Paulitics's rating of the film The Great Escape

Ive only seen this once but I think with a few more viewing it's one I could grow to really like.

24. Algitya's rating of the film The Great Escape

It's an epically rare of the actors chemistry . I Love every side of masculinity in it.