1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Une minutieuse reconstitution d'époque ! www.cinefiches.com

2. gld48's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

turgid. not enough alcohol to get through this one. weird that it's released at the height of the New Hollywood. just read the book instead

3. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

4. Viktoribosio's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

the actors are not so good, rather, they are a really pain, but it's really true to the book, and I love when an adaptation can be true to its original work..so it deserves 4 stars..respect its 2.9 of rating..

5. Cătălin, HiperCristalin's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

70$ cinema, known as New Hollywood, is gotta be the most boring thing in the world since the invention of Cricket. It follows one simple formula: dull, uncut shots in washed-up colors accompanied by cheerless chamber music & languishing saxophones reverberating their way to my nerves from the background, ceaselessly. Whether it's Coppola, Scorsese, De Palma or the looney who made this disaster, the nap is guaranteed.

6. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

7. janh24's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

8. AndrewOllerton's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Enjoyed, thought Sam Waterson and Robert Redford were great. The cinematography in paces is great, with pink skies and smooth shirts.

9. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Quite the disappointment, marred by an innate ability to translate Fitzgerald to the screen. A great shame

10. HEATH ALEXANDER LINN's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Silly money, silly people. fuck off. yeah, cya.

11. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

After so many years, each time I watch it, I am always angry about Mia Farrow. She is absolutely bad; worst choice for "Daisy". Did you know that she was one of nine actresses on the short list? I am also wondering, how, such a character like "Gatsby", could fall in love with her. No way. These two things trouble me. It doesn't fit. That is why 3 stars only. Unforgettable: the pool, fluttering curtains.

12. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

"They smash things up then retreat back into their money". Always worth a watch for the opulence.

13. Ben Brady's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

"I've never seen such beautiful shirts before"

14. Anita G's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

15. Luca Prosperi's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Robert Redford and Lois Chiles are not enough to save a movie which, although with some sweet and melancholic moments, fails to represent in screen too many of the most important facets of an masterpiece of our era.

16. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Not sure why people hate on this so much, old sport. Also, did no one notice or get how superb Bruce Dern is in this film? Come on! I love how everything glitters, eyes shine, tears sparkle, the water on the pool shimmers and even the sweat glimmers. Utterly captivating and it's pretty funny in parts. Wonderful.

17. f-nanda's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Can we delete Mia's scenes and stick only with Robert Redford and Sam Waterston? AND WAIT A MINUTE, Scott Wilson! So fucking cute! I love the story but Mia is a miss hit as Daisy. And why the fuck is every man in this movie so sweaty? And, just saying... I hate Tom and Daisy so much. Die, you fucking bastards, die!

18. Yenny VT's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

paleta de colores claros azul y blancos los encuadres son variados muchos planos largos y medios y alguno que otro planos detalle los movimientos de la cámara son fijos y con cortes contante mi opinión de la película es muy buena . me gusto como es que se manejo la historia y como es que los mismos personajes te van introduciendo a la historia. al final te termina enganchando con el protagonista al extrañarlo.

19. Wasunan T's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

20. Isabel Arantes's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

Boring... like the book. Well, maybe the book is not that boring.

21. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Great Gatsby

I personally like this version more than the extravagant Baz Luhrmann's version.

22. mjgildea's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. There's very little that's as irksome as when two gorgeous people have no chemistry together. The cast was either dull or annoying and the running time was too long for what was delivered. Maybe Baz Luhrmann's version kind of ruined this more sedate version for me but god, this was dull. A great case for how badly Luhrmann's version was needed.

23. cldnflz's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

I fell in love with the young Robert Redford as he ever so flawlessly portrayed Gatsby. In terms of aesthetics, I found this film absolutely brilliant. From Gatsby's mansion to the flapper fashion.

24. Georgina Hernández's rating of the film The Great Gatsby

I am paying every month for this membership and almost every time I want to watch a film that I like it is not available. For example The Great Gatsby by Clayton in 1974. So what's the point to continue paying MUBI? I hope you people from MUBI could give an answer. Georgina