1. mahdis's rating of the film The Great Love

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Great Love

Pierre, marié depuis plus de quinze ans, commence à s'ennuyer dans son couple. Par le biais de la rêverie, il s'évade quotidiennement de cette tiède situation ..... Délicieux ! www.cinefiches.com

3. João Portalegre's rating of the film The Great Love

the pacing is really weird and is what ultimately made me lose interest in the film - the second half had really repetitive, boring scenes that culminate in satisfying pay-offs that don't justify how unsatisfactory what preceded it was. there are some really nice and really funny scenes, though, and there's a certain charm throughout that I really enjoyed. the ending was totally not at all earned and just plain bad.

4. Onbestendig's rating of the film The Great Love

5. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Great Love

The great love features some exciting cinematographic choices and interventions while sharing with us some of the oldest truths known to man. It was very easy to watch, the first half especially was a hoot. It slowed down quite a bit in the second half.

6. Aardsy's rating of the film The Great Love

7. James Mackin's rating of the film The Great Love

My personal favourite of Etaix's films, a nice story about love, lust, and the line inbetween.

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Great Love

I just love Etaix. His comedy probably isnt for everyone though. If you like Tati or silent comedy, you will enjoy.

9. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Great Love

10. El Biffo's rating of the film The Great Love

Delightful! Really fun, clever, and good cinema as well :-)

11. Vlad's rating of the film The Great Love

12. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Great Love

Amusing reflections on love and the fear of missed opportunities. Occasionally rather inventive.

13. Ingrid Hoeben's rating of the film The Great Love

I've created a group on Facebook: 'The delightful universe of Pierre Étaix'. His movies are so unique and worthy of all attention they can get. Please come see and join us there.

14. Stagecoach's rating of the film The Great Love

15. Cole Caudle's rating of the film The Great Love

This film captures perfectly the haplessness of the typical male brain, of how a man can suddenly find himself in a life he seemingly didn't choose, but eventually discovering it's the life he needs nevertheless.

16. Monsieur Arkadin's rating of the film The Great Love

This movie is absurdly clever. Aside from just being extremely enjoyable, Étaix uses sound and depth with a precision that I rarely see. Very happy to have come across this.

17. M. Leander Kalil's rating of the film The Great Love

18. nrh's rating of the film The Great Love

etaix's genius might be in taking the slapstick gesture - perhaps the oldest form of cinematic narrative - and instill it with the same kind of complexity and grace that eric rohmer did with the spoken sentence. the final moments of this film - the gag as aphorism? - are, in their own unprepossessing way, as poignant a reflection on desire as anything in late buñuel.

19. Salvador Amores's rating of the film The Great Love

probably the most hilarious (and best?) rom-com ever. Quite a masterpiece!

20. Jack Lineman's rating of the film The Great Love

I have never laughed so much at a pie in the face before I saw this film.

21. guillaume.collin87@gmail.com's rating of the film The Great Love

Life is both dramatic and funny. Étaix brings his vision of the world that is both colorful and sad by moments. Great mise en scène.