1. Jenny's rating of the film The Great Museum

If you love art this a movie worth watching. It delves into the numerous pieces of historical art that reside in one of Vienna's museums. The art was beautiful. The movie goes into how the museum's inner workings operate. It brings you to question "what was it like back when these pieces of art were new?" Definitely a movie for art and history lovers.

2. Blake Stefansen's rating of the film The Great Museum

The Kuntsthistorsches, one of the world's most priceless museums in the world, gets a thorough walk-through in this film and offers a perspective people do not often think about. Behind the scenes, museum staff spend countless hours transporting and maintaining the thousands of artifacts at any given time. Many of the montages and long shots of staff emphasis the fragile yet critical bond between the staff and art.

3. ronny's rating of the film The Great Museum

running a great museum of fine arts: as tedious as your office job, with a dash of good taste and a helpful serving of wealth.

4. Myles's rating of the film The Great Museum

The museum is no less lovely in person. Like it, this film has a cavernous, empty quality-- it's ponderous, free associative, replete with little affecting surprises. When you're there, have Sachertorte at one of the malachite tables in the rotunda.

5. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Great Museum

All of the mise-en-scène is absolutely stunning, but I didn't feel anything outside of that.

6. Bill's rating of the film The Great Museum

Absolutely fantastic. What I found most impressive was the sheer size and scale of the museum--which is only *one* of the museums in Vienna. Coming from a mid-size North American city, I can only dream of having that level of culture immediately accessible. I guess Europeans are used to it. I also found the museum staff as interesting, in their own way, as the pieces they know so much about. Don't miss this one!

7. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film The Great Museum

It's a warning to those who aspire to big & broad acts of freedom: do it, and the aliens from planet germany will come, pin you to the wall, and frame you mercilessly. Thus framed you will marvel at the absurdity of your testimony of human freedom.

8. 絵莉's rating of the film The Great Museum

now THIS is what i call museum discourse

9. Hannah's rating of the film The Great Museum

This film really emphasizes the behind-the-scenes processes that occur in order to run an art exhibit. The Kunsthistorisches is a large-scale museum and yet it seems not a single piece of art was left untouched or not cared for. The use of wide angle shots allow us to see the sheer enormity of the pieces in contrast to the meticulous cleaning and detailing put into getting them in near-perfect condition.

10. josh's rating of the film The Great Museum

The Great Museum is a good documentary on the Kunsthistorishces. This film was done well in showing the beauty of the art exhibited and the many difficulties and and expenses that go into being a curator. The film was long but shares decently valuable information.

11. David R Williams's rating of the film The Great Museum

An unexpectedly fascinating look at the behind the scenes workings of a museum. The final tracking shots worth the effort.

12. Christofer Aniel's rating of the film The Great Museum

A documentary that shows just how much effort goes into preparing and opening the Kunsthistorisches Museum. The many departments that contribute to the overall success and beauty of the museum are nicely portrayed. The camera captured the vastness of each room and the silent scenes helped me appreciate the art being displayed. A little too long for my taste in documentaries, but an interesting one nonetheless.

13. Calvin Head's rating of the film The Great Museum

The Great Museum is a fascinating peak behind the curtain at some of the world's most prestigious art. Not only is it a rare look at some of the lesser known great that live in Austria, but this film allows for a glance into the mind of a curator. The technical aspects of setup and maintenance become oddly entrancing, only heightened in effect with the expert shadowing documentary style camera work.

14. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Great Museum

It's like watching golf on TV. It's slow. It's quiet. Not much happens. But somehow you find yourself enjoying it.

15. John Woodall's rating of the film The Great Museum

A unique and interesting look behind the scenes of the Kunsthistorisches Museum. I feel there are few films that let you experience perspectives like this, especially with a museum of this scale and prestige. But as films go, I can't help but feel something is missing here. I almost wish it was longer and had more detail. As an uninformed outsider, I can't help but be interested in more than this film shows.

16. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Great Museum

Wonderful doc. Love the use of diegetic sound and the silence of conservators at work. I missed this in the theaters, so thanks for showing it here.

17. Marc of Toronto's rating of the film The Great Museum

Deciding on a desperate, monumental reinvention of one's self, how far do we go? In this case, it's fascinating, watching the frenetic anxiety of these people as they struggle with decisions that most of us would make with confidence, in order to attempt bigger things ... Discomfiture! Anxiety! Compulsion to novelty, but true nature will not accept! Also, this film is very, very quiet.

18. Michael Schmidt's rating of the film The Great Museum

This film plays up the tensions between past glory and present marketing, empire and republic, opulence and penny-pinching, restoration and corrosion, bureaucracy and humanity. The final image is a wise selection.

19. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Great Museum

(3.5 stars) Fascinating look at the inner workings of this amazing museum. From the exhibits, to the restorations, to the bidding process, to the in-depth discussion of the type of font to use in the publicity... there is a LOT of interesting inside looks happening. Plus some beautifully framed cinematography capturing the expanse and majesty of this place. Quite intriguing.

20. Xin Tong's rating of the film The Great Museum

Museums are always my favorites. Neat and expressive edit. Good documentary.

21. jana_om's rating of the film The Great Museum

22. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Great Museum

23. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Great Museum

I loved the steady cam shots, the class struggle taking place at the museum (read: guards are considered sub-human and worthless by the management) not to mention the scooter sequence in the immense archive. Take this, Mister Wiseman!

24. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Great Museum

A grand tour. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/05/das-grosses-museum-great-museum.html