1. Juan Javier's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

2. Kamran's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

artfully conveys the artist's experience of art. 78/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

3. Irem Abacı's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

i would make far more different than this. but i loved last scene.

4. imaqua@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

i really have a thing with close-ups.

5. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Great short film about this great artist

6. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

7. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Interesting, unique and sensitive; more of a brief glance at an artist at work than a "document", but it somehow manages to capture the atmosphere of the act of artistic creation. I enjoyed the visuals, the music and paintings. I'd say: 9 minutes well spent!

8. Pierre.F's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Court-métrage archi cool qui associe étroitement les intenses mouvements de la musique de Wagner à des mouvements de caméra nerveux et de grands travellings circulaires. C'est cool de voir Ljuba à l'oeuvre.

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Borowczyk always strikes me as this soaring intellect; this almost alien intelligence, so delighted to be able to communicate with us humans through his movies. Deft & impressive as a magical old uncle. He evokes with ease & artistry & apparent omniscience & a big grinning helping of Dirty Old Man. To then use that to convey a mind/soul like Ljuba... Accompanied by Wagner? Clap hands for Uncle W. It's magnificent.

10. Théophile Robert's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

I liked the movie. I thought it was a sensitive way to show the artist work, even though I didn't like the artist's work itself. Wagner probably helped the movie succeeding in showing the genetic of the work of art.

11. FISCHER's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

On pense aux créatures de l'Enfer de Dante ..... www.cinefiches.com

12. fearraigh's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Only six minutes long yet there seems to be an awful lot packed in. Ljuba's painting is a lot less interesting than the process by which it is made and Borowcyk ably mounts the work, bestowing on it a quirky urgency. There's also a surprising amount of the atmosphere of the Paris of the day in there.

13. hemachandra's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

my new favorite thing: watching Borowczyk's shorts on MUBI

14. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

De l'art, un peu de cochon, pas beaucoup de panda... le tout barbouillé de Wagner...

15. findfilm's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

A 1978 film dedicated to the love of art and using Wagner's music to provide the dramatic component as we witness artist Popovic Ljuba in Paris. He is seen as one of the crowd in busy streets then at work building up an oil painting that is both classical and grotesque. An appearance of a beautiful woman suggests a further juxtaposition to the completed piece as it is presented and as the music climaxes.

16. Fraticelli Matthieu's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Je lui mets trois étoiles, pour le geste. C'est bien mais c'est un peu gratuit tout ça non ? Où est passé l'art ?

17. captainfez's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Soundtrack works better with a cartoon rabbit, folks.

18. zi's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

I can't listen to too much Wagner. I start getting the urge to invade Poland.

19. *'s rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Malgré son ambition tarabiscotée, ce court projet de Borowczyk n'est pas trop convaincant.

20. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

21. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

In its way to correlate the fragmented visual and acoustic montage it is quite interesting.

22. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Not radical, but quietly impressive and ever attentive to the material realities of art. I enjoyed seeing all the brush work in close detail.

23. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Greatest Love of All Time

Some inspired filmmaking but the paintings are too schticky and banal to bear any weight. That the film didn't collapse is a true marvel. The close-ups of the painter's body were meatlike, visceral, non-human, creepy, spooky, snail-y, caterpillar-y and were great underlining of/counterpoint to the sexist "visions" on canvas. Some true surrealism inspired by ersatz surrealism.