1. Juurakkotukka's rating of the film The Green Fog

For the sake of god give Maddin some money to make real films again!

2. Ira Yun's rating of the film The Green Fog

A dialectic experiment on montage or anti-Koulechov effect processed with centrifigated signifier and signifiant. (JIFF 2018)

3. laura's rating of the film The Green Fog

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Green Fog

Cinematic essentialism in the same glee-&-mischief filled way as Doggiewoggiez, Poochiewoochiez. But Maddin & Johnsons work like alchemists of tone/feel/ meaning, extracting those things and freeing them from their stultifying trappings! Releasing them back into the great creative pool. A work of democratization! Sans Soleil alongside a 4 minute no-speaking Chuck Norris montage.* 4.25

5. El Biffo's rating of the film The Green Fog

3.4 More of an homage to San Francisco than Vertigo, this mash-up of old films & 70's TV shows leans heavily on Karl Malden & Michael Douglas. It's the kind of thing I've gotten used to seeing on YouTube. Lots of great tidbits here from films I love, and a lot of TV clips I don't care for as well. A lot of nostalgia but nothing important, compelling or original (other than a great score performed by Kronos Quartet).

6. AugusteB's rating of the film The Green Fog

Men and women come and go, the city stays.

7. Seesaw's rating of the film The Green Fog

Metaphysical rhythm that suppose to dance on the screen is distracted by unmerciful slash of editing and disharmonious structure. To me, Maddin's excellence comes from tangible traces of imagery, not from sit-down fat ideas.

8. Kamran's rating of the film The Green Fog

The Green Fog with Live Accompaniment (Guy Maddin, Evan Johnson, Galen Johnson & The Kronos Quartet) 85/100 - Excellent (4.5)