1. kokeshi's rating of the film The Green Ray

« Ah! Venga il tempo In cui i cuori si innamorano! »

2. aconeyisland's rating of the film The Green Ray

3. ninchok's rating of the film The Green Ray

Needed this so much at this period of time.

4. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Green Ray

Naturalistic to the point of intrusion, Rohmer's typically relaxed, conversational film, tackles weighty themes such as depression, alienation & anxiety, but in a way so subtly communicated that the pain & yearning felt by his character is almost missed. Marie Rivière is the woman unable to connect to the people around her, but so deeply connected to the natural world that it overwhelms her at every turn. Astounding.

5. croissant massage's rating of the film The Green Ray

I am a hopeless romantic with zero chance of being loved. Watching this and other Rohmer films is enjoyable masochism.

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Green Ray

As a Capricorn I heavily relate to wallowing in my summertime sadness because I’m too stubborn to put any real effort into meeting anybody. Fortunately Delphine meets a hot dude with a great jaw, and that’s all you can hope for in this lonely world where summers are insufferable! That green ray I want it.

7. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Green Ray

A convincing cinematic portrait of loneliness and insecurity - presented in the non-tragic Rohmer way. That "I´m a vegetarian"-conversation is just brilliant.

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Green Ray

This is yet another honest and compassionate character study from Éric Rohmer!

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Green Ray

10. Luca Angelini's rating of the film The Green Ray

11. Sophie Dekens's rating of the film The Green Ray

Unfortunately so so real. I know a lot of people like Delphine. To have it all (the freedom and money to travel, a great health and shape and even live in Paris (!)) but to lose it all because of an inexplicable fear and the inability to put things back into perspective. I hope one day something or someone will be able to turn her feelings around. (If not, I'd be happy to take care of her apartment along the Seine.)

12. FISCHER's rating of the film The Green Ray

Eric Rohmer au zénith de sa maturité cinématographique, loin de ses indispensables, mais parfois pesantes tergiversations morales des années 1970... www.cinefiches.com

13. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Green Ray

In a pleasantly libertine Europe, where young strangers can just nod at one another by the beach and strike up plans for the evening, a painfully withdrawn young woman holds out for a rare chance at meaningful chemistry. The film is almost documentary-like, both in its offhand dialogue and supporting characters and in its relentless scrutiny of our heroine, who's resolutely herself. A triumph for Rohmer.

14. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film The Green Ray

"I did[ ] like it very much."

15. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Green Ray

16. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Green Ray

Rewatched and re-loved. One of my favorite Rohmer films. Masterpiece.

17. bartkl's rating of the film The Green Ray

A film about feeling disconnected even though being amidst people with good intentions who are incapable of truly listening or understanding, about desparate attempts to rediscover oneself through holidays during which one meets people but feels not less alone. A realistic exploration of the introverted, but lost mind, presented in an aesthetically pleasing film that makes you feel you're on vacation. A masterpiece.

18. Dan's rating of the film The Green Ray

fkin love this movie and main character

19. Christina Themeli's rating of the film The Green Ray

όλοι νομίζουμε πως είμαστε η πρωταγωνίστρια αλλά στην πραγματικότητα, ελάχιστοι είναι.

20. s.birowo's rating of the film The Green Ray

21. uenus's rating of the film The Green Ray

22. k t's rating of the film The Green Ray

23. eugenie de sade's rating of the film The Green Ray

when you finally have free time only to find out you're a loser with no friends

24. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film The Green Ray