1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Green Ray

As a Capricorn I heavily relate to wallowing in my summertime sadness because I’m too stubborn to put any real effort into meeting anybody. Fortunately Delphine meets a hot dude with a great jaw, and that’s all you can hope for in this lonely world where summers are insufferable! That green ray I want it.

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Green Ray

A convincing cinematic portrait of loneliness and insecurity - presented in the non-tragic Rohmer way. That "I´m a vegetarian"-conversation is just brilliant.

3. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Green Ray

This is yet another honest and compassionate character study from Éric Rohmer!

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Green Ray

5. Luca Angelini's rating of the film The Green Ray

6. Sophie Dekens's rating of the film The Green Ray

Unfortunately so so real. I know a lot of people like Delphine. To have it all (the freedom and money to travel, a great health and shape and even live in Paris (!)) but to lose it all because of an inexplicable fear and the inability to put things back into perspective. I hope one day something or someone will be able to turn her feelings around. (If not, I'd be happy to take care of her apartment along the Seine.)

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Green Ray

Eric Rohmer au zénith de sa maturité cinématographique, loin de ses indispensables, mais parfois pesantes tergiversations morales des années 1970... www.cinefiches.com

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Green Ray

In a pleasantly libertine Europe, where young strangers can just nod at one another by the beach and strike up plans for the evening, a painfully withdrawn young woman holds out for a rare chance at meaningful chemistry. The film is almost documentary-like, both in its offhand dialogue and supporting characters and in its relentless scrutiny of our heroine, who's resolutely herself. A triumph for Rohmer.

9. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film The Green Ray

"I did[ ] like it very much."

10. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Green Ray

11. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Green Ray

Rewatched and re-loved. One of my favorite Rohmer films. Masterpiece.

12. bartkl's rating of the film The Green Ray

A film about feeling disconnected even though being amidst people with good intentions who are incapable of truly listening or understanding, about desparate attempts to rediscover oneself through holidays during which one meets people but feels not less alone. A realistic exploration of the introverted, but lost mind, presented in an aesthetically pleasing film that makes you feel you're on vacation. A masterpiece.

13. Dan BW's rating of the film The Green Ray

fkin love this movie and main character

14. Christina Themeli's rating of the film The Green Ray

όλοι νομίζουμε πως είμαστε η πρωταγωνίστρια αλλά στην πραγματικότητα, ελάχιστοι είναι.

15. s.birowo's rating of the film The Green Ray

16. uenus's rating of the film The Green Ray

17. k t's rating of the film The Green Ray

18. eugenie de sade's rating of the film The Green Ray

when you finally have free time only to find out you're a loser with no friends

19. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film The Green Ray

20. anthony's rating of the film The Green Ray

why can't characters in movies always be this detailed

21. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film The Green Ray

I tend to recommend this movie to every girl I want to sleep with to appear sensible and stuff. My success rate is 5 out of 7, in percentage that is 71.428571%. Stats do not lie so 7.14/10.0 divided by two means this gets a solid 3.57/5 ~ not bad, 4 stars

22. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Green Ray

rare are films that can make such irritating and boring characters and conversations so engaging. it goes on and on about pretty much the same, just repeating it through different vacations, but with surroundings looking pretty much the same as her emotional state doesn´t change. and her delusions about being open and willing to communicate are same interesting as she gives no real effort in trying to understand

23. Mark Commode's rating of the film The Green Ray

24. miles's rating of the film The Green Ray

interesting relationships between the characters. Very french indeed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5